Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

How BIG is your FlightSim folder!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity I happened to check the size of my FlightSim folder....and I was amazed....almost 10gig. The aircraft folder alone takes up almost 6.5gig. What a beast of a program.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51332.jpgSorry for the poor clarity...I had to enlarge the image to get the text somwhat visibleKroswynd (Crosswind)

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest jmarcure

Well, you should know that it's not the size of your flightsim folder that counts.:-roll It's.... oh nevermind. :-lol Jon

LOL, I am trying to be more selective so far with FS9, my FS2002 folder was over 20 gigs, that took forever to delete but right now I am at 8 gig for FS9, man, I need to stay out of the library! LOLRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

It had to happen. FS envy.I've got a 40 gb hard drive, with nothing but FS9, associated backups, and downloaded files I haven't burned yet that is more than half full!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest DanielBu

Hehe mine is about 9GB right now, using about 6GB compressed NTFS space.I got Megascenery LA installed though. Anyways, it just keeps growing with so much good stuff I hardly get to use LOL.-Daniel

Guest daveg4otu

After FS2002 reached 12+ gigs ,I am trying(but it's hard) to be more selective this time round - so far only 4.79 but it's early days yet!!Dave

Guest jmarcure

>It had to happen. FS envy.>>I've got a 40 gb hard drive, with nothing but FS9, associated>backups, and downloaded files I haven't burned yet that is>more than half full!>>sgBut are you sure? Maybe it's really less than half empty?I only have 5 add-on planes and nothing else so I'm almost running FS9 out of the box. Now FS2002 was a different story; I had 3 add-ons and a couple of BU sceaneries. Yes, I admit it, I have a little folder, but I don't feel I'm any less of a virtual pilot because of it.Jon

Guest jmarcure

> with so much good stuff I hardly get to use LOL.>>-DanielI had tons of stuff with FS2002, most of which I never used. I ended up having a disk crash and I just couldn't be bothered reloading the gigs of stuff again. Now I run mean and lean. Wish I could say the same for my ever growing bulk. Jon

I try to keep my FS Folder fairly clean, If I download an aircraft and it didnt do anything special for me it gets the Shift + Delete of pain and misery :)Current Size:3.34 GB (3,589,933,817 bytes)Folders: 781 folders containing 43,828 files.....You can call me a neat freak :)Take Care,Jason :-wave

>Yes, I admit>it, I have a little folder, but I don't feel I'm any less of a>virtual pilot because of it.>>JonLaughing hard!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest anthonye

19.1GB, hat's with the full VFR Uk scenery in it, also quite a few payware aircraft.Anthony......

Guest rino

12.2 GIGS ...A lot of mesh, you know (USA + Europe) ... etc, etc, etc, ...

Guest crashing_pilot

4.09 GB...i got too many DC8's and DC3's installed...i should stop downloading those ;-)

Guest Lobaeux4

8.12 GB just for the Flightsim 9 folder, 10.4 for my whole Flight Sim partition on my disk. That's not counting FSHotseat loaded up on disk D: eitherJust keeps growing and growing!!