Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

How BIG is your FlightSim folder!!!!!!!

Mine's at 10+!But the wierd thing is, and I don't know if anyone else had noticed this, when I looked at the size of the folder and then looked at the size of fsconfigurator9 they were of equal size, this can't be right can it? I just deleted it because I needed the space. Anybody know?

Guest DanielBu

Sounds like some kind of disk error. Run scandisk from time to time, it should take care of it. -Daniel

Guest Philip Olson

Oh my, I am already at 8.44 Gigs and I have been rather selective with what I have installed. What's worse is that there are many more things I want to add, maybe this 60 GB drive will not be enough. Why did you have to bring this up, now I have to think about buying another hard drive. Do you work for Western Digial or Seagate? LOL!!!!Philip

I think the biggest problem with space is the fact that most of the downloads are huge!!! We never saw files this big in previous versions, and if we did, they were usually payware. Freeware designers have just gotten so good and detailed at what they do, we're catching the only down side to this kind of quality. Freeware designers rock!!!!(and I can say that because I'm not one of them)

Guest yarvelling

7.13gb for me ;-)Yep, with most 'good' freeware aircraft downloads now at around 10mb each, it soon adds up (especially if you have to download a full plane just to get new textures - iFDG!!). And thats before you get a decent panel :-rollThats the problem of broadband I guess....it doesn't take long anymore so just get it and forget it!!

Guest outtatimeiii

I only have 3.02GB in my FS2004 folder. I'm not a plane collector now as I once was, in FS2002 the folder was more like 12-15GB LOL. I mainly get planes now that I am going to fly regularly :) .Well...I usually won't do this, but I am always interested in seeing other's desktops, so I will post mine too :) .http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51419.jpg

13.8 Gigs105,535 files in 2,502 folders :)What can I say, my 120Gig HD kinda made me go goofy :)Still have over 60% left open on it though :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Dakota

What ever it is, it ain't big enough!Actually mine is only at 8 GIG and could I probably keep it at such, but people keep releasing great add-ons. I find self being very selective, but even so, I am amazed how many 'selective' add-ons I have added on and keep adding on.

Egads......! :-zhelpI need help all right and considering I've got the majority (or so I thought) of my add-on aircraft zipped away in a hanger (folder, I'm really surprised where I am so far?No wonder it takes 1.7 days for my "select aircraft" menu to come up? :-lolBear!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51466.jpg

Guest CraigG

And here's me thinking.... 'Aha I've only just done a complete reformat / reinstall yesterday, my folder is probably not tha big.."Well after just the essentials !!! its already over 5 gig !!hmm..

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Well here goes:FS2004 Folder17.3Gb Actual12.4Gb on disk (it's compressed you see)FS2002 Folder15Gb (that's after i removed UK VFR and transfered to FS9I have 4 hard disks (Future proofing!)1xMaxtor 40Gb for Windows, general files and apps and FS20022xMaxtor SATA 80Gb (=160Gb) in RAID-0 just for FS91xSeagate 160Gb for music and a complete backup of FS9 should my Raid array fail!I think you'll agree that'll last me a few years! I use Norton System Works' Disk Optimiser to Auto-defrag whenever they become more than 5% fragmented. When you've got this much data, you have to keep it tidy!

Guest daveg4otu

Which came first - The chicken or the egg?The point I am making is ---Do software designers make "bigger" applications because bigger HDDs are now commonplace(Remember that only 4 or 5 years ago a 10 GB drive was considered large)and they (the designers) can therefore add more "frills" and be less economical with their code - or - do hardware manufacturers make ever bigger Hard Drives because the software is getting bigger(Tho' not neccessarily always better )..What do you think?Dave

Mine is 8 cm width and 14.5 cm high.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11