Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Realair SF260 Update closing notice

To all interested parties,The RealAir Simulations SF260 update offer will close at 1.am GMT this Saturday December 6th. The update has been open to customers for two weeks and we have contacted every known customer.Those customers who didn't receive an update notice will have either changed their e-mail address or installed an e-mail blocker, and have had two weeks to get in touch with us, as clearly invited to do so on our website and at major forums. We have responded to each and every request in person - if that reply did not get through then the ONLY reason is because again that customer will have returned our e-mail as undelivered due an e-mail block.We therefore have discharged our full responsibilities as promised and further requests for updates cannot be dealt with after the deadline, and for security purposes access to the update will be removed at the stated time.Thanks for your attention.Rob Young = RealAir Simulationswww.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest fastdraw

I can vouch for the above, fellows. Hi Rob. Really enjoying my Sf260 and now the new Decathlon. No dents in either yet!!!!!!!!Charles, a very satisfied customer!:-wave

Now that's what I call customer service!:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest shanwick

And also very polite and civil.Thank you for the notice and the a/c, Rob and team.David

Guest CapnCol

I agree completely and would also like to offer my thanks to all at RAS for their work and service. I had the SF260 working okay in FS9 before the update but this is a new plane - unbeleivable. It flies beautifully and that vc is the best ever, it is the only plane I use it 100%.Many thanks again.Colin

Guest Jimbofly

I would also like to extend my thanks to the team at RAS. The service I have received has been wonderful throughout and on top of that I've got some fantastic aircraft!I'm looking forward to whatever RAS release next!Regards,James

HI James,Hint: We are now committed to a well known classic twin prop, and in addition possibly the most beautiful aircraft ever made, which, to give further clues, is a monoplane, has a single engine named after a mythical character and is in short supply in 2003.Kind Regards,Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest Larry S

Would Merlin be the mythical character???

Guest awheintz

Well,as much as I understand your motives, I heartily disagree with your policy and I can assure you, that 2 weeks for an upgrade are legaly quite contestable!But on a simpler note, it is also unfair to those of your customers who do NOT spend every free hour online and in front of their flightsim.I just looked up the mails you sent for the upgrade offer, and nowhere it states, that the upgrade time is limited, and although one might expect some limitation, definitely nobody would expect such a short time.I for example have not had the time to do much FS lately, and I was in no hurry to upgrade, as I am also expecting to get a new computer and did not want to istall everything twice.As for the forums, I regularly visit AVSIM 2 or 3 times a week, and today is the first message I see on this, the time of course in now over.Had you stated in your mail, that the offer would be extremely time limited, you might have a point (ever heard of people being away from their computers for more than 2 weeks?), but as you failed to do so...I would guess I am not the only one who will be in for a bad surprise.As much as I keep your work in high regard, I expect you to treat this matter with the necessary common sense.Yours, sincerely,A. Heintz

I'm sorry you feel that way. First of all we were never OBLIGED to provide an update in the first place so there is no legal issue to answer whatsoever. Secondly we sent you a personal e-mail two weeks ago, and I note from your post that it did get through. Short of dragging you to your computer and standing over you while you click a simple link and wait for a download I don't see how we could be more co-operative. You have had two weeks to contact us at any time of day and night and we would have responded almost immediately. If you are getting a new computer then surely, like everyone else, you can backup aircraft files to a CD which takes about 1 minute. If you would kindly send me a POLITE e-mail (address on our contact page at RealAir) I'll see what I can do.I remind you again: The update was a CONCESSION by us to you with what anyone would surely consider plenty of notice. The fact that you have chosen to leave it rather late to download a FREE GIFT is I think your responsibility and not ours.Regards,Rob Young = RealAir Simulations

Guest Motormouse

"Ah....De Havilland" have any relevance??:-wavePetePs Do I get a free copy too???

Guest avolcek

I'd like to thank everybody involved who made this "patch", it has obviously taken much time and effort and it has vastly improved my aircraft selection whenever I FS.I thought I might add my two cents.I can see how one might want to limit the time to get a patch, however, in the days of nearly unlimited bandwidth and hard drive space, (at a price of course). I don't see how keeping a measly 15MB file and the database of buyers who purchased the FS2002 version on hand for those people who don't spend their every waking hour (like me, don't know if that

Guest Lord Zap

Goodness, I have completely missed this announcement of the free upgrade (only noticed it on the front page just now). What a shame, I've been looking forward to this for months.Do I have to purchase the SF.260 all over again then?:(My old email I purchased it with originally is no more as I finished with that isp months ago but I still have the purchase details etc as I keep that safe. I've been away from flightsimming the last month due to huge work commitments...just my luck I guess to miss this :-rollFair enough I suppose for RealAir doing this though, they didn't have to give a free update to FS9, so....still a bummer!RegardsDave A