Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Realair SF260 Update closing notice

Hi Adam,I think you'll find we will not turn legitimate people away for a reasonable time after the deadline, but at some point we have to call it a day.we have given away over 3000 copies of an update project which took us many months to complete.One aspect your post didn't mention is piracy. We have been well and truly zapped on this update through piracy, and we simply cannot afford to lay ourselves open to this indefinitely. I hope you understand.Cheers,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest awheintz

Dear Rob,first off, thanks for your quick response and another thanks for the great work you did on the SF260.No in reply to your reply:>I'm sorry you feel that way. First of all we were never>OBLIGED to provide an update in the first place so there is no>legal issue to answer whatsoever. Yes, I grant you that and I actually felt grateful when I read your anouncement of the upgrade offer.>Secondly we sent you a>personal e-mail two weeks ago, and I note from your post that>it did get through. Short of dragging you to your computer and>standing over you while you click a simple link and wait for a>download I don't see how we could be more co-operative. You ara again right, but nowhere in your mail did you state that the offer would he time limited, so I was in no hurry to update, especially as I have other things to do during the day.>You have had two weeks to contact us at any time of day and>night and we would have responded almost immediately. If you>are getting a new computer then surely, like everyone else,>you can backup aircraft files to a CD which takes about 1>minute. Again right, but how was I supposed to know that I would not have the time to wait.>If you would kindly send me a POLITE e-mail (address on our>contact page at RealAir) I'll see what I can do.I will sure do that, though not right now, as my wife has dinner ready. But if may quote you first post: "further requests for updates cannot be dealt with after the deadline".>I remind you again: The update was a CONCESSION by us to you>with what anyone would surely consider plenty of notice. The>fact that you have chosen to leave it rather late to download>a FREE GIFT is I think your responsibility and not ours.see above, but I have to leave now, so I will contact you directly later.regards,A: Heintz

Guest Lord Zap

Great stuff Rob, just recieved the link from you and downloaded the update...much appreciated for giving us peeps that just missed out a chance to still get it.Phew, now I can go enjoy this masterpeice add-on again (properly) in FS9 :-)Best RegardsDave A

Guest SlimDady

Well here was my situationI saw a news post on avsim the day the upgrade was released, I did a mental note, so that when I got my new pc and installed fs that i would go get it, nowhere that first day did it say there was a deadline.Here I am now with my new pc on the deadline, hoping i can get the update b4 its too late. The only reason Im here is beacause the news post on avsim today.I really dont like this 2 week upgrade period, its quite short, some people are very busy and dont have time to be on fs related sites every day, some people could be away from home for various reasons. From my perspective it appears that realairsims wants to try to make a little extra money by having people buy the plane a second time? If its an issue of piracy, maybe that upgrade time should have included some form of web based authentication system. I also understand that you did not have to make an update, but most every other high quality payware producer is working on free upgrades(time unlimited downloads, so whats different in this situation

Seems preposterous to assume that Real-Air want's to sell the plane a "second time" when they have bent over backwards to provide a free update for those who are willing and able to go download the thing:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Larry S

Warm on a P51 Mustang with RR Merlin engine or warm on the free copy stuff:-hmmm I'm gonna need more cluesAnd maybe a few more hints on the twin... I'm really interested in that one.

Guest Rod_H

First off I would like to thank the Real Air team for two fantastic aircraft. I felt so good with the free update I picked up the Decathlon, That is even better than the SF 260 but only just...Thanks Rob, Sean.Back to This update Thing.. The email I received clearly stated a 2 week deadline so unless I got a different email, we may need to take another look at it. Quote "We request that you download the SF.260 upgrade as soon as practical, as we will be removing the file after approximately two weeks."This was just under my installer password.I just wanted to point out that I think RealAir have been great In giving this Free update to us Miserable bunch of hard to please middle age grumps.All of the above is just IMHO...Thanks Rod....YMEN Essendon.

"From my perspective it appears that realairsims wants to try to make a little extra money by having people buy the plane a second time?"Yeah right. That's why we've just about given 3000+ copies away and have spent the last two weeks manning RealAir nearly 24 hours a day trying to trace people, and responding immediately to all requests (the majority of them within 15 minutes after receipt.)"so whats different in this situation"What's different in this situation is that we think we've given you and others AMPLE opportunity to obtain the upgrade, which for the umpteenth time of saying, is a NEW aircraft and not a patch, and which (sigh) we could have legitimately charged for but haven't, so I invite you to withdraw your outrageous assertion above.And instead of wasting your time making outragous assertions which are patently nonsense why not spend the time better in sending me an e-mail NOW to request your upgrade (if you haven't already received it) whereupon I will send you the information you need.Thank You,RY

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thank you Rod!I am breathing deeply and counting to ten a few times in this thread.You are correct in observing that we clearly stated the time limit in the e-mails we sent out two weeks ago.Cheers,Rob

Well Slimdady,It is now several hours since your post complaining about the non availability of your update and I still haven't received an e-mail from you requesting it.So you have time to complain in a forum about not receiving something, but you don't have time to send a request for the very thing you are complaining about not having. I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Are you just trying to make mischief or what?Baffled,Rob Young

"You ara again right, but nowhere in your mail did you state that the offer would he time limited," We stated very clearly in the e-mails about the time limit. And BTW currently I cannot find your name in our database. Perhaps you ordered under a different name?"so I was in no hurry to update, especially as I have other things to do during the day."I can hardly believe what I'm reading! I am so sorry that in informing you about your free aircraft collection at our expense we failed to precisely fit in with your exact personal and individual timetable.In despair.....Rob Young

Guest Rod_H

Has to be the P51 MustangSpecifications Span: 37 feet Length: 32 ft. 3 in. Height: 13 ft. 8 in. Weight: 12,100 lbs. Armament: Six .50-caliber machine guns and 10, 5-inch rockets or 2,000 pounds of bombs. Engine: Packard built Rolls-Royce "Merlin" V-1650 of 1,695 horsepower :))

Guest nick6440

I don't post very often on this forum, but I just like to say that I had some problems getting the upgrade after receiving my e-mail, no fault of Realairsimulations. I sent a e-mail off to Rob and received an IMMEDIATE response and after sending the requested info I had my upgrade. The support that I received is what one would expect from people who put out an excellent product like the SF.260. I have purchased stuff from Lago,Pss, FSD,Captn Sim just to name a few and even tho I do not consider myself a Payware expert I think I can tell the diference between good support and bad. My thanks to the people At Realairsimmulation, It was a pleasure doing business with you. Thanks again RobP.S. It's imposible to please everyone.