Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Realair SF260 Update closing notice

Guest SoarPics

I've been observing Rob work what seems like around the clock the past two weeks trying to FIND owners of the SF.260 to make sure they knew about their free upgrade. Aside from those thousands of e-mails he has posted open notices in the forums asking for folks to contact RealAir. This amount of effort would be understandable if a company were offering a new product for sale. But to put forth all this time and effort to contact owners about a FREE upgrade goes far beyond "value added" business practice.Bravo to RealAir... not just for a truly outstanding aircraft but for expending so much time and energy to put that free piece of work into the hands of as many of their customers as possible.

Guest awheintz

Well, maybe some of this does not apply to me after all, as I bought with Simmmarket, and they did not include this information in the mail they sent me.Anyway, I have been in contact with them, and at Simmarket the upgrade is still availabel, although the link in their mail is now dead.I downloaded the update and installed it.Much happier now;-)Have a nice weekend,CheersAlex

Guest Jimbofly

That's fascinating, because you can only purchase the SF.260 directly via the RealAir Simulations website!Very interesting indeed...James

And thank you kind sir too!As the saying goes: you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Short of hiring an aircraft and doorstep delivery I don't know what more we could do to encourage the stragglers to claim what is theirs!All the Best,Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest Melvin

For those who are considering that two weeks aren't sufficient to permit all FS2002 users to download their SF260 updates, I would like to reply these following points :1) If RealAir team wishes were to make money, they wouldn't have released an update free of charge. That's why I want to take opportunity given to me for thanking them for this gift.2) During these two weeks, I saw messages sent by Mr Young on Avsim Forum in order to contact customers whose mail box were blocked, witnessing everything has been done to provide them their own updates. You can count on hand's fingers such developers offering similar help and support.3) By limiting downloading period, I presume that RealAir team doesn't want to betray old customers but fighting against piracy. They can't maintain IP static adresses during months without exposing themself to robbery.4) The method adopted by RealAir to prevent robbery offers possibility to customers for installing their add-on as often as they want without requesting an authorization for doing that and without being connected to internet.5) If you send a polite email to Mr Young or Mr Moloney asking for this update, I'm sure they will respond quickly to your request.In conclusion, criticisms that I'm reading above are absolutely unfounded and I want here to renew my trust in RealAir Team.Your loyal customer. Vincent.