Sign in to follow this  
flamenco58

RADEON 4800SERIES SHIMMERING TREES,FENCES IN FSX

Hi.My fsx trees and fences shimmers alot.I have tried mipbias=6 in fsx.cfg with no luckTurned AA on and off with no luckThanks

As an ex user of an HD4870, I can tell you that it is something that you have to live with. I could never get the AA to work very well with that card and even worse, it would die in clouds. I switched to nVidia, no problems now.

Thanks for your advice.I think you are 100% right.The problem is that i have purchased a "DELL435mt" i7/8gb pc just for FSX.But the problem is that it has only 350w PSU and a 4800series Gpu and i have to upgrade them both.I don't know which card this MBcard supports.Thanks

As long as it has a PCI-E slot, it should support any card. I love my new 560 Ti 2GB from Palit. It's a great card for the price! Also, you need at minimum a 500 W power supply for the 560, a 750+ W PSU is better. I'm very surprised that they put such a low PSU on a PC that has an i7.

I didn't understand it either regarding to 350w and a old gpu in this pc.But fortunately there is a solution as you mentioned before,getting a good Nvidia card and more powerful PSU.Thanks

I had the same shimmering issues with trees ,fences etc with my HD6950. Was going to go back to NVidia but since installing the 11.5 catalysts I can honestly say the issues have all but dissappeared.Seems ATI finally have fixed most of the issues that gave me problems in FSX.Give the new Cats a try first and see if it makes a difference for you.Hope they help!!!!Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

I didn't understand it either regarding to 350w and a old gpu in this pc.But fortunately there is a solution as you mentioned before,getting a good Nvidia card and more powerful PSU.Thanks
I've had to deal with this a lot as an IT guy configuring Dell systems for CAD engineers. You might find that the Dell case isn't standard and won't fit some/most/all aftermarket power supplies. Their motherboards may not be standard ATX either, even though they might appear to be at first glance.You can see how that might create a rather frustrating situation - can't mount the PSU in the existing case, can't mount the existing motherboard in a replacement case.I recall one situation where we just ended up hacking up the case so we could mount the more powerful PSU for the graphics card.Perhaps if it's not too late, send it back and build a system or order one from a company who uses non-proprietary parts and doesn't skimp on important bits.

Hi Chris.Thank You so much for your solution.My catalyst was the latest one but after reading your advice and reinstalling the catalyst driver my shimmering was almost gone.I only have the shimmering in further away from my aircraft(flickering trees) But i can leave with thatThanks again

Hi Kevin.Thanks for your replyYou are so right.I purchased the chieftec psu 750W and as you mentioned it did not feet into the case so i had to return it.So no harm is doneUnfortunately i cannot return the pc to Dell due return policy but i have the 4years repair and support on it.......Big%20Grin.gifThanks again