Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

Mesh installation question

Guest panda234

Wondering where to install mesh. I know if I put it in my fs9/addonscenery folder it becomes active but I don't want a bunch of loose files in there because it'll cause confusion down the road. I'd like to create a folder in my fs9/addonscenery folder, call it meshxxx, and have it automatically load. Possible? How do others organize their mesh files? Many thx.billg

Guest racartron

I'm using FS2002 but I beleive the process is exactly the same for FS2004.I create a main folder called "Mesh." Then I add sub-folders for the major areas, like Far East, Oceania, USA, Canada, Central America, etc. -- each with a "Scenery" folder under it.Then I drop in the matching BGL files and simply activate it through the FS Scenery library.Incidently, I have the main mesh folder outside of FS proper to minimize work if I ever have to re-install FS.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest panda234

thx Holger. Lot's of other good stuff on that site too. :-)billg

Guest racartron

It's good to know I'm using and recommending the "Ideal Installation Procedure." :)-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest panda234

hehe, yes, thx Racartron. Thought I'd better try and get on top of it know. I have 3 different payware meshes and assorted freeware ones. It's gonna get more confusing as I get more, and I could see big problems down the road if I ever had to troubleshoot something...billg