Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

FO doesnt want to do the Departure Brief

Hi! I just encountered a problem, about 14+ mins of the preflight I asked the FO "are you ready for the departure brief" and: Nothing. He didn't respond. I was kind of late with the question, maybe 13+ or close to 12+ because immediately after he said he was ready for the preflight checklist. Can this have caused the problem? I haven't had this particular problem before although once when I wanted to perform the before takeoff checklist i had to cycle to the RW entry procedure and back to get him to respond. Thanks in advance

Hi! I just encountered a problem, about 14+ mins of the preflight I asked the FO "are you ready for the departure brief" and: Nothing. He didn't respond. I was kind of late with the question, maybe 13+ or close to 12+ because immediately after he said he was ready for the preflight checklist. Can this have caused the problem? I haven't had this particular problem before although once when I wanted to perform the before takeoff checklist i had to cycle to the RW entry procedure and back to get him to respond. Thanks in advance
Was your command properly recognized as shown in the Green Bar?

Yes it was, and I was checking that it stated departure brief and not approach brief. HM was not on because I was able to talk to the FA afterwards.

Hmm, do you mean like preflight? I was in preflight mode.(this refers to the latest problem with the departure brief and checklist, the other problem I think I was in the before T/O mode.)

Hmm, do you mean like preflight? I was in preflight mode.(this refers to the latest problem with the departure brief and checklist, the other problem I think I was in the before T/O mode.)
Hmmm, the FO should respond: "I am ready".Please press the button on the FS2Crew Config Manager that says "check for updates".We need to ensure you're running the most current version.Cheers,

I tried that now but I'm getting an error message saying that Fs2Crew 2010 is unable to contact the server. This happens both with Win7 firewall on or off.

I tried that now but I'm getting an error message saying that Fs2Crew 2010 is unable to contact the server. This happens both with Win7 firewall on or off.
Hmmm, something is blocking somewhere. You may need to explicitly allow the Config Manager in your Firewall.However, I just checked and you downloaded on May 9th, so you definitely have the latest version of the software.Please contact me via the Contact Page on the FS2Crew website; I'll help you via a remote desktop.Cheers,

Hi again. Sorry Bryan for not responding to you more quickly, I have been pretty busy until today. I have done some more flights with the 747pmdg and fs2crew voice, and have not encountered the problem again. Right now, with the latest version of the software (fs2crew) I don't really need any support until/if I can consistently reproduce the problem. Sorry if I have wasted your time.