Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Serious help with SSW

I need some serious help with the SSW A310. I've read several posts here about registration problems. Perhaps one of you fellow simmers can shed some light for me. I bought the package from Simmarket over a week ago. I downloaded and installed the files, including the Navdata. I opened load edit, got my code, e-mailed off to SSW and got back a registration number. Now what? Where do you put that number?I've gone to the registered users area at SSW, but when I enter my e-mail and my reg number, nothing happens. I've tried to post on their forum, but it shows I'm not registered and won't let me post. I've e-mailed Evgueni, but he just keeps sending me my reg number, and some confusing directions which make no sense. He says to open FS in windowed mode and enter the registration. I do that, but when I load the A310, the plane loads with missing dials, but nothing comes up, no form, no registration window, nothing like that.I sure would appreciate some help from anyone who has been down this road before.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Lee, No worries, everyone struggles a bit with this installation. As far as the registration, the way mine worked is that the first time I tried to load the airplane in FS2004 a registration dialogue box opened up and I copied the system information in generates to the clipboard, then used that in the e-mail to get the activation code. Once SSW had e-mailed me the code, the next time I tried to load the airplane, the dialogue box opened up again and I entered the code in the box. That did it. Make sure you download and install the FS9 files from their site incl the replacement panel file or you'll have follow on registration problems. As far as posting on the forum, I ended up sending my user name and password directly to them at the registration e-mail because their server would not generate an e-mail back to me with the link to access the registered forums. So they did it for me manually. Kind of a pain to get rolling but the aircraft, while still a bit of a work in progress, is worth it. Let me know how you get on.regards,

Chris,Thanks for the info. What's baffling me is that no registration dialogue box opens up when I load the plane. That's where the glitch is I think. I tried re-installing the package, but no change. I can't get the FS9 files off their site because they are in the registered users area, and I can't get on there, because the site doesn't recognize me.It's kind of like being stuck in some strange time warp I can't get out of.Oh well, I'll just keep flying PMDG which is working perfectly.Lee

Lee H

Late breaking news. I just tried the SSW site one more time. This time it took my log in. So now I have the FS9 files. Maybe this will help.Lee

Lee H