Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS9 crashing....

Guest USAirson

Ok, Im not sure if this is even going to be in the right forum..but here goes. I am trying to load a created flight plan from KMDT..but everytime I go to load it...FS9 crashes. It loads up to 80% but when it gets to loading the traffic it shuts down. Now I can go into any other airport...except KMDT. Could it have something to do with the Flight plans I just created for that airport? I added PAI's texture for DH8c in USAir colors..and created a small flight plan...but thats it. Im at a loss, thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Jeff

Find the Traffic_PAI.bgl on your system and rename it Traffic_PAI.ORIGINAL. Hopefully, you will find the default traffic.bgl labelled traffic030528.ORIGINAL. If so, rename it traffic030528.bgl. If you have additional trafficxxx.bgl files, rename them with the *.ORIGINAL extension for this test. You should only have one file with the *.bgl extension.Restart fs2004, let it stabilize, select the problem airport, and see if you still have the problem. If so, it is probably not the PAI traffic file. If the flight simulator doesn't crash, then you need to investigate your updated PAI file.Next, try loading the DH8c aircraft you modified at another airport. If the aircraft shows up in the aircraft review windows, and then show up after you select fly now, it should work as an AI aircraft. If selecting this aircraft causes FS2004 to crash, then you need to find out why. If you cannot find this aircraft in the selection menu, then you may not have added a [flightsim.x] section for this aircraft or you forgot to increase the x value to the next value (x+1). Not having the flightsim.x section may cause a problem if the AI traffic expects to have an aircraft available for a flight from this airport.W. Sieffert

Guest USAirson

I uninstalled FS9...but get all the aircraft and flightplans. Re-installed FS9...and now it seems to work fine. Don't know what it was...but hey. Thanks Jeff :-abduct

Guest USAirson

Ok...it happened again. Now I tried the remedy, but my question is, what do I make my traffic file that has all the flight plans that I want. Do I make it a .bgl or an .original file. Thanks Jeff

MSFS Scenery engine only reads the files with extension *.bgl. Therefore, if you use an extension *.ORIGINAL, it ignores that file.W. Sieffert