Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

iFly 737 Has Been Released

Can someone please help me, I have trouble installing the liveries. I read through the pdf but it was not clear to me. What file do they have to be extracted into.Thanks in advance.Bernd Jablonka
see this post: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3100&title=my-fleet-tool-for-fsxAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can someone please help me, I have trouble installing the liveries. I read through the pdf but it was not clear to me. What file do they have to be extracted into.Thanks in advance.Bernd Jablonka
if you put the for example the Delta livery, Texture.CLDA into the iFly737-800 aircraft folder and then use the My Fleet tool to add

Early impressions from a quick flip around EGCC...It taxies nicely, hand flies very nicely, and the autopilot works well. It looks good internally and externally. FPS is not as good as the FSX Ariane NG (which is not surprising since that is the Ariane FSX NG's forte), but FPS on the FSX iFly NG is okay having said that, and to be fair it would be a tall order to match the Ariane on that score. Some of the VC click spots for the MCP in the FSX iFly NG are a tad finicky, but they're okay on the whole. Audio is good, especially the trim sound. Gauges are nice and clear and run well.So from that quick flight I would say iFly had a pretty damn good product, certainly worth the money for what you get in terms of variants and features (even at the full stand alone price). Some pics:1-17.jpg2-17.jpg3-15.jpgAl
Alan,Please clarify, is that a HUD display in the 3D cockpit or is it a 2D panel? Do all models have the HUD? Thanks in advance.Alex C

The HGS (HUD) in that pic is in the VC, folding down as per the real thing, it is only on the iFly BBJ models, but you could tweak that with some config changes I guess. Apparently the HGS is going to be upgraded somewhat in a later patch from iFly, but at the moment, that's what you get. It's not collimated as will be the PMDG one, but there are some forum hints that iFly might change that at some point to make it so. That wouldn't happen overnight of course, it's a tricky thing to do well.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Anyone post a link for the tutorial for this guy? I'm too busy flying it to look for it. Thanks. I heard it was a very detailed one.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Anyone post a link for the tutorial for this guy? I'm too busy flying it to look for it. Thanks. I heard it was a very detailed one.Ray
The Tutorial documentation is located in the main iFly folder in the Manuals section.C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\iFly\Manual

Like RAFAL, I am also a fs9 user, But would also just like to say that i am also happy that fsx users now have the oppurtunity to fly his magnificent piece of software.i am also happy for the IFLY Team that it has been released and hope for immense success with this release, They deserve it. :( :( Enjoy this great bird fsx users, Now back to my world of fs9 :(

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Wow, wow, wow! Triple-wow!This is such a magnificent piece of art! Handflying this baby is absolutely marvelous! I'm not a real pilot, but I can feel the difference between addons...A very nice touchdown sound completed my first flight, which took please in Austria, from Salzburg to Vienna. Great scenic flight too.Looking forward to more flying!One downside though: VC FPS performance. Even on my monster-machine, if it can be called that, I get dips as low as 20fps at Heathrow. :(2D is working very well, complex as it is.

One downside though: VC FPS performance. Even on my monster-machine, if it can be called that, I get dips as low as 20fps at Heathrow. :(2D is working very well, complex as it is.
That enough to make me come to a full stop! What are your settings like? I don't use any AI so was wondering if I would get the same result, I only fly VC so I want good fps.

The documentation that comes with this baby is incredible! (and I don't just mean the shortcut to the manual it places on the desktop).There's masses of stuff, and it's superbly produced and laid-out. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through printing it all!!!!!!!I have what is, by todays stanards, a sub-par machine (see spec), but I'm still able run the VC at Heathrow + traffic (UT2). Not brilliant FPS I'll admit at 17-22, but perfectly playable.

Guest firehawk44
Hi,Go and get it, she is available via the forum.
I appreciate the HU Mike. Rain is expected here in Virginia for the next 3 or 4 days and this aircraft arrived at a perfect time. I've already bought and installed it and it runs well but further testing is required. I'm only having some problems so far with the click spots in the virtual cockpit and sometimes find it difficult to change headings or speed. Next mission is to load up a flight plan in the FMC and put some stress on it with real weather and night time flying.Best regards,Jim
That enough to make me come to a full stop! What are your settings like? I don't use any AI so was wondering if I would get the same result, I only fly VC so I want good fps.
Great avatar! Hope no one got hurt in the making of it....Best regards,Jim

Does anyone have a problem with the panel light switches, mine are not working, can't turn them? Everything else seems to work fine.Bernd Jablonka

Does this help you? I think the whole lighting gets an update soon.

There is one known issue with the current build. After some change I requested to the nightlighting effects especially Dome lighting, it introduced a new bug where it needs one engine to be running to have the Dome running in the VC mode, The fix for this is underway and will take 3-4 weeks to complete. We discussed postponing the release until then, but it was felt the majority would rather have the aircraft now , especially knowing a fix was being created. The option to return to a lighting effect that was substandard was not the way to go and this extra time will enhance the aircraft
http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3103&title=important-pre-release-information