Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Is the SSW 310 worth the $$$$$$

Guest flynman2

Question in the Subject.....I want to hear from any users...Thanks

NEVER!Only problems. Ridiculous- Error-building anti copy systemy.Outside visual model like for FS 2000.Don't buy it!AC5

I'm fairly pleased with it. The registration system is a bit of a pain, but you can work through it. The panel is top notch, with excellent (for a sim) systems modelling and top notch graphics. The FMC is one of the best I have seen in flight simulator, as far as what is modelled. The documentation is extensive, but you'll have a bit of a workout getting it in the air the first few times because no tutorial is included. The flight model is not perfect but they are working on it. I do have trouble with the performance at times because the panel is the heaviest on CPU resources I've seen yet. Even heavier than the PMDG 737, at least in FS9.regards,

Guest hnehring

Dear Mr. AC5,what's your issue with the SSW visual model? What do you mean by saying "model like for FS 2000"? As the original designer I'm really interested in your insightfull observations.

Guest Wills402

I happen to think it is worth it.

Dear Mr. Harald,It's just not at the same level as other payware for FS 2004!I mean... have a look at the PMDG 737, and the CS 727, they shine "right", they look great, they are really up to FS 2004!Even the "old" PSS A 319 looks better! Come on! Have a look at them with AA 4xS Aniso 2x 1600x1200x32!And with SSW there is just too much hassle! All the other copy-protection softwares just work at once!The only thing is the cocpit at night. Quite nice. I've deinstelled it from my HDD and never install it again!AC5

Hi!I was very sceptical about this product, mainly because of the activation system and strange support. I finally decided this weekend to give it a try and I'm more than satisfied with it. I ordered via simflight shop and the activation process which is still not really user friendly worked perfect for me. Two houres after my order I was able to jump into captain seat. Unfortunatelly I had to leave it at once but not due to problems but you wont get this bayb into the sky without a lot of ducumentation studies.The panel and the modeled systems are way more detailed than anything I had so far, in my eyes a real successor of my PIC 767 that I miss so much in FS9!I can't comment on the airfile as I'm not a real pilot but it feels real. I only think the engines are a bit powerfull on initial climb, and taxi trust settings are very high.I don't see anything wrong with the visual model. I exchanged the original model files with Harald's updated models as I love the dynamic shine thing and don't use/like 3D cockpits, this also increased performance. I only wish it would be easier to paint it and the texture alignment on the fuse seems to have two gaps. To sum up: I don't regret having spent money for this plane, it's lot of fun so far and it gets better the more you get used to the systems. Maybe Harald one day releases another visual model update or even an A300 ...Toby

>Dear Mr. AC5,>>what's your issue with the SSW visual model? What do you mean>by saying "model like for FS 2000"? As the original designer>I'm really interested in your insightfull observations.Herald, your latest version of your original model is awesome!But unfortunately, SSW isn't using the latest version of your model (the one with Dynamic shine, etc..).They are using the very first version.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3