Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

GoFlight

Guest metaleye

Hello to all;I'm using GoFlight hardware to fly my aircrafts, my question is, when I change the frequency in my GoFlight radio to lets say the tower, how can I "tell" them, in the tower, to talk to me, without using the windows menu that is normally used for the traffic communications.Whan I mean is, I'm in ground freq, they tell me to change to tower when ready to depart, I'm ready, I change my freq. in my radio, but the tower will not respond to me, only if I used the 1 or 2 or 3 from the traffic menu.Is there a way for them to know I'm in their freq.Thank you for your help.

Guest JohnN

Hi Metaleve,I also have two GoFlight radio modules, but I utilize them for NAV 1 and NAV 2. I believe that for the COM's, they would work if you were utilzing SqawkBox and on-line flying. I don't believe you can initialize a call with FS ATC without pressing one of the buttons as you're doing.John

The GoFlight software GFConfig allows you to assign ATC_Action_0 - ATC_Action_9 commands to a button. That should allow you to contact Tower etc. when required. I don't use the default ATC so I'm not sure if you need to display the ATC window first but if you do then there is a command in GFConfig for that too.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use Goflight to tune my COM radios...but I still use the mouse and ATC menu to select what I broadcast. The menu will automatically update as I tune in different stations. I have a GF button assigned to bring up the ATC menu, and another to toggle my GF166 between COM1 and COM2. Unfortunately you can't use GF to tune Squawkbox...at least not until SB3. As I understand it, SB3 & AVC will also support multiple COM radios to :-)DannyCYVR PS. I'm pleased with my GF throttle. I spray painted the lever knobs black, blue, and red for a nice GA piston twin took. The lever throws are nice and long for precise control. There is no easy way to adjust the friction