Sign in to follow this  
Juul Tango

421C Golden Eagle and FS9

When using FS2002, the Golden Eagle was my favourite airplane to fly with. It was a very nice plane, with some very good and special features and with an excellent flight model. I really wonder what is preventing Flight One Software for providing a patch to make the Golden Eagle fly in FS9. I am convinced that they would please a lot of people and gain some extra -"free of charge"- publicity. They promised already some months ago an update to FS9 on their website, but I have the impression that it remains a promise - unfortunately.Juul Tango

Guest Dakota

I believe they are planning on releasing patch, but I don't know how soon. There is a temperary fix in the AVSIM file library called 421_fs9_fix.zip, that works great.

You can blame M$ for this one, not flight1... apparently the 421 no longer uses the fsuipc module for its traffic (I believe) I guess some stuff was reprogrammed using the traffic.dll, BUT flight1 is using an old module and cannot release anything until M$ decides to release the SDK.. so now I guess like everyone else flight1 has decided to take it on thier own hands and do it without the SDK so its taking a little longer..from the sounds of it the original 421 patch was ready a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago!! I'm sure you can read the exact details on the flight1 website, this was only from memory and some things I said may not be entirely accurate.Chris

Hey Juul, until the "official" fix is released, check out this site for a great fix, I just stumbled on it and it works amazingly!http://www.simflyer.net/downloads/421update.html Thank you captain Keith!!!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thank you, Michael, for the tip and certainly thank you, captain Keith, for the excellent work you performed!I installed the fix, everything works fine, and the feeling of flying is even better than before!!Something to advise to everyone who has a registered version of the C421 Colden Eagle and who wants to fly it in FS9.Juul.;)