Sign in to follow this  
Jettix

Disable flight reload after air crash in FSX

HelloI landed with a broken landing gear, useing FSPax. Landing was successful and I waited a lot of skill points and money income. I have changed view to make screenshot. But the flight was reloaded and instead of a bonus I got a message "Flight canceled".Typically, FSPax disables restart the flight after crash, but not this time. I had read about setting in FSX.cfg that prevents the restart after air crash, but I can`t recall it. Please help.

I asked the same question a few months ago but no body really knew of a way other than to pause.

HelloI landed with a broken landing gear, useing FSPax. Landing was successful and I waited a lot of skill points and money income. I have changed view to make screenshot. But the flight was reloaded and instead of a bonus I got a message "Flight canceled".Typically, FSPax disables restart the flight after crash, but not this time. I had read about setting in FSX.cfg that prevents the restart after air crash, but I can`t recall it. Please help.
fsx.cfg edits not needed; just adjust in game:menu > aircraft > realism settings > (select):"ignore crashes and damage"otherwise you get the flight resetting upon crash or damage.Loyd

This seems to be a little different. This will provide aircraft will be fly through AI and buildings without crashes

Not only fly thru AI aircrafts or buildings...You can make a hard landing (really hard!!!) or a gear-up landing without crash.For instance, that was a clear statement on Duke´s B60 manual if you wanted to simulate a gear-up landing.Maybe this is the case with FSPax...

Honestly I don't know why people have crash enabled to begin with. You KNOW if you hit something or had a bad landing. You don't need the simulator to tell you. All it is is an inconvenience. With loading times as long as FSX has, I'd rather not deal with it. I know if I sucked, I don't need it to tell me.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Honestly I don't know why people have crash enabled to begin with. You KNOW if you hit something or had a bad landing. You don't need the simulator to tell you. All it is is an inconvenience. With loading times as long as FSX has, I'd rather not deal with it. I know if I sucked, I don't need it to tell me.
Same. Besides FSpassengers registers damage way better than the default FSX. Damage to flaps, gear, hull, etc.I've also turned off FSpassengers force detect damage. So many times I would've spend an hour on a flight only to find a wind-shear causing my plane to overspeed and BAM, flight over >_<

OK, clear. Thanks for replies. gonna follow your advises and turn sim crashes off.