Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

2d Panels Disappeared

After unsuccesfully trying to install Samuli's MD-80 panel I lost all 2d panels in my FS2004 installation. I just get blank areas where the panel is supposed to appear. Nothing else is affected, and it occurs only in my FS2004 install, not my FS2002 installation, so I doubt it is a driver problem.Any suggestions on how I can get the panels back? I'd like to avoid deleting and reinstalling FS2004. Last but not least, any suggestions for MD-80 panels other than Samuli's?GeForce FX9000, non-ultra and the 44.03 drivers.Thanks

This is gonna sound real stupid, but have you tried hitting the "W" key. It doesn't seem likely installing one panel would effect all the others.

Doesn't sound stupid at all... I'm getting rectangular, black areas located where 2d panels should appear. When I hit "W" the black areas disappear, just at the panels would have. Hit "W" again, and the black areas reappear. I'm left with no 2d panels. I'm guessing that my attempt to install the MD-80 panel may have screwed up an entry in fs9.cfg that controls display of 2d panels. The Samuli panel install is unusual. The "samuli'sMD-80v1.exe" file installs to the FS2440 main directory. I would have expected it to be placed in the MD-83 folder.

Guest shanwick

KevinI had the same problem when I recently bought a new computer. Initially, I solved it by placing PanelAsTexture=0 (or 1, I cannot now remember) under the {DISPLAY.Device.NVidia GeForce FX9000.0} section in FS9.cfg. The problem was cured completely once I upgraded to the latest NVidia drivers.You could also try deleting the FS9.cfg file and letting the sim build a new one. I had a problem getting the engine to start in the Real Air Simulations Decathlon and eventually solved things by doing this.Hope some of this may help you.David