Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

What's the best payware DC9?

Guest p_r_johnson

...So having owned the full CD version of the CaptSim Legenday 727, and the MAAM-Sim B25J Mitchell "Briefing Time" seeing the newly-released MD83 and the rave reviews, I thought I'd download it for a try at a freeware airliner... I did, and I didn't pay for it so I'm not going to complain. What I'm looking for is another aircraft - preferably a DC-9 variant - which is at the same level of perfection as these first two aircraft: same photorealistic panelling; same vc; same manuals, sounds, etc.. Anyone who has either of these two aircraft is very much aware of the superiority of them and will know just what I'm looking for. Advice please, and thanks for your replies.regards,PJ

I dont know if it would be up to your standards or not, but Flight1 has a DC-9 package. I dont know what the status of it is for FS2004, but it was a fairly popular product for FS2002.Craig

Guest panda234

tag, I'm looking too. :-)Have the Vans one on the way, I'll let you know. I like their MD8x series....billg

Guest lbb

I don't know any other payware than the Iron Knuckles, but I have to tell you that I found it very disappointing. A few polite questions that I had regarding its flight characteristics (idle on approach with full flaps, taking off prior to rotation), the overhead panel (a number of fantasy procedures, including an APU cooling procedure I have never heard of in any aircraft let alone the DC-9)and autopilot differences to the real DC-9 were not met by answers but by an equally polite offer for a refund. I didn't wait for any patch though, so some things may have changed.It may be a nice package as such, but the DC-9 was the first aircraft that I got an original AOM for and I was therefore hoping for the level of realism of say the DF737, which I also have an AOM for, but I personally found it lacking.Not sure that this will help :-)Leo Bakker

Guest p_r_johnson

Super. thanks for these replies, particularly your "review" Billg. I will take a look at Flight1. I'll ask them about your interesting comments and what the patch has achieved, Leo: their response is unusual isn't it..? :) regards,.PJ

Hi,If I were you, I would hold your horses untill this one is released.http://www.hilmerby.com/fs/fs9_panel.htmlThe version for FS2002 was already very good and this one has even more features.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

IMHO not just for the DC9, but the Iron Knuckles is one of the best birds period which works well in fs2004.

>> the Iron Knuckles is one of the best birds <

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11