Sign in to follow this  

early aviation movie clips

Hi, folks - first post. :) My name's Josh and I was pointed here by a simmer.For a presentation I'm doing, I need to find movie clips of pre-Wright Brothers planes crashing. I think you all know what I'm talking about; whenever Nova or whatever shows a "history of aviation" documentary, they always start with these clips - the guy pedaling the weird bouncy contraption, the three-winged thing, and they always crash. I need to find that, preferably in .mov format. I could also use really old cars, like Model T era, crashing.Anyone know where I could find this, or perhaps have files of this nature they could email me? I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance,Joshua

Guest Paul_W

If you go to the PBS Web site you should be able to find a direct link to the recent series on the history of aviation, with the names of the people who researched and produced it. Having said that I just checked it and found the following link:http://www.pbs.org/kcet/chasingthesun/series/You might want to send your enquiry to someone listed in the credits there. Not long ago I sent an e-mail regarding PBS music themes to the main office and got a worthwhile reply, so it's probably a good place to start. Actually, entering "aviation" into the search box on the PBS front page turned up 726 entries, which should provide some decent leads. Since it's unlikely you'll find what you're looking for online--based on my own limited experience at least--the professionals in production are probably the best ones to ask.

Paul, thanks for the lead. I checked that out, and I'll try contacting some of those people.-Josh