Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Tuning the FSX radios with the numpad of your keyboard

Hi there fellow simmers.I recently programmed a little LUA pluggin (thanks Barry for the idea) to allow tuning the radios (COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV2, ADF1, ADF2) and the transponder using the numpad of a keyboard and a couple extra keystrokes.It requires licensed FSUIPC4Basically you assign a key to select COM1, or COM2, another one for NAV1 or NAV2, a third one for ADF1 or ADF2 and one for the transponder.Once you have your selection, you can type in the frequency (or squawk code) with the numpad and it will be set to the standby radio selected (or the transponder)Finally a keystroke can be assigned to the swap function to swap the active and stanby frequencies in the selected radioThought I'd post it here and maybe get some feedback on bugs or any suggestions before uploading it to the Avsim Library.Download link

Thanks for the LUA and the tutorial on how to make it work. This has given me much needed help in trying to figure out how to implement some of the other LUA's available. I have really been struggling to implement them with the information available. Thanks again for the step by step and simple explanation of it's use.Lynn

Hi there fellow simmers.I recently programmed a little LUA pluggin (thanks Barry for the idea) to allow tuning the radios (COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV2, ADF1, ADF2) and the transponder using the numpad of a keyboard and a couple extra keystrokes.It requires licensed FSUIPC4Basically you assign a key to select COM1, or COM2, another one for NAV1 or NAV2, a third one for ADF1 or ADF2 and one for the transponder.Once you have your selection, you can type in the frequency (or squawk code) with the numpad and it will be set to the standby radio selected (or the transponder)Finally a keystroke can be assigned to the swap function to swap the active and stanby frequencies in the selected radioThought I'd post it here and maybe get some feedback on bugs or any suggestions before uploading it to the Avsim Library.Download link
Very nice job on the LUA code. I use this with a gamepad on the insturment panel of my home cockpit and it works great with the Reality xp guages that I have in the Duke Turbine. Thanks for sharing!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Could you add a "Global Enable/Disable" hotkey to this script?
Added

Doesn't work.Art Schwartz, Jr.
Did you configure the new key press using the "Lua NumpadKeyPress" control with the parameter set to 13 as explained in the revised manual? It would help to have some more info you know. That was a 5 min tweak and I tested it myself. There not much that can go wrong

Did you configure the new key press using the "Lua NumpadKeyPress" control with the parameter set to 13 as explained in the revised manual? It would help to have some more info you know. That was a 5 min tweak and I tested it myself. There not much that can go wrong
I'm amiss with this also I pressed set..then pressed num key '-' then used ...Lua NumpadKeyPress.. then set parameter 13.. then confirmed. then okpressing the '-' button did'nt seem do anything'is this the right proceedurebob

I'm amiss with this also I pressed set..then pressed num key '-' then used ...Lua NumpadKeyPress.. then set parameter 13.. then confirmed. then okpressing the '-' button did'nt seem do anything'is this the right proceedurebob
yes, that's right. let me see what's going on...

I just installed it from scratch and it worked. Did you set FSUIPC as instructed in the manual?numpadraddemo1.pngDo the other keys work?

yes all the others work great ie com, nav & sqk. (do not have the ADF programmed as I'm using the Carenado B58BOBps what do you mean 'Set FSUIPC as instructed in the Manual' have you missed somethink out from the manual?:-"And finally you can assign a keystroke to cycle the pluggin on - off, again with the "Lua numpadKeyPress" control, and parameter 13"

yes all the others work great ie com, nav & sqk. (do not have the ADF programmed as I'm using the Carenado B58BOBps what do you mean 'Set FSUIPC as instructed in the Manual' have you missed somethink out from the manual?:-"And finally you can assign a keystroke to cycle the pluggin on - off, again with the "Lua numpadKeyPress" control, and parameter 13"
did you overwrite the lua files with the ones in v1.3? can you please copy-paste here the contents of your numpadKeyPress.lua?

did you overwrite the lua files with the ones in v1.3? can you please copy-paste here the contents of your numpadKeyPress.lua?
No , have now and it works fine, thanks for your help and for your program, when you getting near 3score and ten every little tweak helps.Bob