Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Tuning the FSX radios with the numpad of your keyboard

Does anybody have FSX crashed using this scripts (i.e. when typing frequency from numpad)? I cannot understand if the problem is in script, or in my FSX & FSUIPC install

Would you post your LUA again? My FSX computer crashed and I loved using your LUA to change my FSX radios. It is no longer available to download from this post. I thought I had it saved, but I cannot find it. I would very much appreciate if you would post it again.Thanks,Lynn Fisher

I would like to get this LUA too. The Dropbox link returns a 404 error. Dazz, any chance you could provide a new link ? It sounds exactly what I am looking for. :)

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Wiltzei, thank you very much indeed ! :drinks:Dazz, sent you a PM on this, but obviously I now have the Lua. I'll try it out as soon as I get some simming time. Thanks for doing it. Big%20Grin.gif

Hi guys new to all this stuff is there a readme guide in the download many thanks. Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi guys new to all this stuff is there a readme guide in the download many thanks. Wayne.
Indeed there is, Wayne; a 12-page one with screenshots of the FSUIPC interface and in-simulator. Haven't tried to install it yet ( thats for the weekend ), but the manual looks comprehensive. :(

Sorry everyone for the late response, and thanks for the heads up Paul.I'm pretty sure I was following this thread, but somehow I stopped getting email notifications.Since I can't edit my original post, here's a big fat working link with the latest (1.3) working(?) versionlink to V1.3 :(

I think many people will be interested in having this. I recently mapped my scroll wheel, both on the mouse and on the Saitek X-52 Pro throttle, to 'elevator trim' and so can no longer scroll the radio frequencies up and down. Mouse buttons still do the job okay, but this number pad solution will be much better. I think. Thanks again, Dazz..

Very good script, does it work either with NGX?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Very good script, does it work either with NGX?

Haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure it will work just fine. For all I know the NGX uses the default FSX radios

Dazz, many thanks. There is a problem in your zip package. If you donwload you can't extract, it returns errors, because you name it "..zip", there are 2 points before zip extension.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Dazz, many thanks. There is a problem in your zip package. If you donwload you can't extract, it returns errors, because you name it "..zip", there are 2 points before zip extension.

Ouch! sorry about that

link to v1.3

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am using this LUA script and love it.  It helps to reduce the footprint/cost of my sim.  I looked at the LUA code and tried to figure out how to integrate setting the HDG, CRS, or BARO values, but am at a loss.  Is there any way this could be incorporated into a new version?  Again, many thanks!

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am using this LUA script and love it.  It helps to reduce the footprint/cost of my sim.  I looked at the LUA code and tried to figure out how to integrate setting the HDG, CRS, or BARO values, but am at a loss.  Is there any way this could be incorporated into a new version?  Again, many thanks!

Hi Justin. I didn't include EFIS & AP functions because many A/C use a custom logic for them and it wouldn't work for those planes. Besides you can still assign a keystroke or a button to the relevant controls or offsets to increase or decrease your heading, course & baro settings.

Truth is I'm swamped and I don't think I'll have time for this anytime soon. Sorry

Welcome to Avsim