Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!

Jason I think it only corrects FSX in Western Europe. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Michael Cubine

Which does these files go in to???????
I installed the magdec.bgl in the folder, but how to find the rest of the bgl files with the "BGL-MVC"? :) Ils, waypoints and so on. :) Thanks on advance :)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Why do aircraft operate using magnetic course and not true? I thought true is more reliable
The inertial navigation systems do use true North whereas VOR's ILS's etc use magnetic North. ATC headings are always magnetic.The current magnetic deviation is always displayed on the appropriate charts.vololiberista

Mmm..sorry guys but I can't download anything. Is still downloadable?

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I am not understanding this at all......The original link doesn't work, and when I used http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html the files are not .exe and the files they provide are .rar and the files in FSX are .BGL. I know there is issues with my FSX, because some of the runways are way off now and getting frustrated.

Can anybody gimme link to download actual magdec.bgl? If is there more files for more years I would download them too because now I am not sure If I will use maps from 2005 or maps from 12/2011.

I am not understanding this at all......The original link doesn't work, and when I used http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html the files are not .exe and the files they provide are .rar and the files in FSX are .BGL. I know there is issues with my FSX, because some of the runways are way off now and getting frustrated.
You need to unpack the file you downloaded. There you will find the .BGL file.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

This is great. It also is a reason I don't venture too far away from the NGX forum. I learn so much, I'm afraid my brain will explode.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

This is great. It also is a reason I don't venture too far away from the NGX forum. I learn so much, I'm afraid my brain will explode.
magdec applies to all aircraft not just NGX!vololiberista

just a heads up .. it wont work with the Level D 767 for FS9 as it uses its own inbuilt magvar file.Rich

ugcx_banner.png

just a heads up .. it wont work with the Level D 767 for FS9 as it uses its own inbuilt magvar file.Rich
And how do you update that when that is out of date!vololiberista

I know, it's been a while since someone posted in this topic so sorry if this is kind of a bump (even though it's stickied..).

Thank god I came across this topic, I think I've seen this last year but kinda forgot to update my FS with the latest magnetic variation file(s). I'm flying my 738 to Stuttgart, Germany, inbound SBG I noticed my heading was 325, which confused me and I decided to take a look at some of the photos I made during the flight when I was inbound SBG in the real 738 on my jumpseat ride, we were at heading 287, that's a very big difference and I just remembered this topic and thank god it still exists!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing this! I can't believe there's such a huge difference..