Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!

I do not believe such a huge deviation! Maybe you mixed up something.

I do not believe such a huge deviation! Maybe you mixed up something.

Well, I flew the exact same route and at the same point I had the calculated difference, that's what my FSX spit out to me. Might be unrealistic but that was the difference. Now it came way closer by the update.

Here is the link

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

I'm am reviving this thread as a part my noobish request for some guidance :rolleyes:

I am planning on flying VATSIM, using the PMDG 737NGX, I have the latest Airac cycle installed in my FMC (1211). Is it sensible to use the MAGVAR and NAVAID correction files in FSX or not?

An additional question;

On Kostas advice I have bought the EFB from Avliasoft. I have an active premium subscription on vRoute. Does anybody know if I can make a flightplan in vRoute and import it to EFB and be able to have both the route and the SID/STAR's functional/selectable in my FMC? Or is the EFB better off with some other flightplanning aid other than vRoute?

Thanks,

23.png

In the rar file there is a tool to correct your addon airports.

You need correct every single airport with the tool.

But that one is only useful to correct the variation inside the afcad files. It has no influence on the behavior of the aircrafts.

The AFCAD variation is used, to determine the bearings for the internal fs map as well as for some external applications like FSNavigator or the MakeRWYs tool from Pete Dowson. If the tool does not correct the variation, you still have the old bearings on the map display (facility information), whereas the aicrafts show the new values according to the magdec.bgl

Jan-Paul

I'm confused. If I use the new magdec.bgl file it will correct the headings in the PMDG 737NGX and 747? I am using the latest navdatapro data. Does it correct ILS alignment then?

i use Topcat to get my runway headings for takeoff, will that be corrected?

In Both cases yes. The new magnetic declination will make the FS Bearings matching more or less the current published ones. + / - 2° of tolerance can be expected due to the fact that state sources (AIPs) are not always adhering to the current magnetic variation. 

Jan-Paul

I don't know why NASA just don't hang a giant magnet in space to keep everything in order

Have no fear....

http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html

All the updates are available under 'Latest Updates in a box to the right of the webpage.

He has also created a 2013 MAGDEC file to bring things right up to date.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Have no fear....

http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html

All the updates are available under 'Latest Updates in a box to the right of the webpage.

He has also created a 2013 MAGDEC file to bring things right up to date.

Great to see a 2013 version! Thank you.

• Upvote 1

None of the links works anymore. Anywhere else I can download this update? Cheers!

Strange, the link in Ryan's original post works for me..

Steve Caffey

I'm not sure what's wrong here but now my runways are completely off. Here in this picture you see I am lined up for 22R at JFK but the ILS shows that I am off.

maxpeRW.jpg