Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iron Underside

Replacement Textures by Gerrit Kranenbarg

I think they are simply great!The BlueSphere Project texture replacement project by a well known name! Look here: http://members.chello.nl/g.kranenbarg/gwkhome/BlueSphere.htmhttp://members.chello.nl/g.kranenbarg/gwkh...AGN18Screen.jpghttp://members.chello.nl/g.kranenbarg/gwkh...MTN17Screen.jpgRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest allcott

Sorry can't agree they're great.They are SO much better than that. MAGNIFICENT!x:)~MS, give this man a job. NOW :-jumpyThank you Gerrit, fantastic work. Award-winning stuff or else there's no justice!Allcott

:-xxrotflmao for one second you got me.. but yes they're magnificent indeed!Go and get them guys (and gals)!!Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest DanielBu

Hm Not sure wether I like it or not ... I'll definitely try the new fog layer and the clouds, but for me I the colors are a bit bland for low flying.-Daniel

Guest papatango

I agree that they look awesome. I had a big frame rate drop though after I installed the textures. I had installed the FSW cloud performance textures (ffpv2.zip as Avsim). This enables me to run with the cloud settings pretty much maxed out.I will do more testing. If Gerrit's textures though are not optimized for speed like the FSW textures, I would rather keep the FSW textures and my sliders maxed out. I had downloaded real world weather, which had a couple cloud layers with an overcast sky.I will though first put on Gerrit's textures, and then the FSW textures. This way maybe I will get the best of both.I very much appreciate though that we have folks like Gerrit and Chris who provide this software for free.PapaTango

Guest allcott

Yes, these overwrite Chris's fast fps set. You can easliy replace the clouds exactly as per the standard install though.Interstingly, these textures give me better fps than either of the other recent sets, when clouds are removed. That's despite me using low quality trees previously. I think Gerrit has hit on the right combination for quality and speed, and the approach of the textures as a single entity is really, really impressive.Allcott

So far textures look great. Had a look at all the seasons in clear weather. Frame rates were still high. Will give them a try with some weather.Thanks for all the hard work Gerrit.Mac

Guest Iron Underside

So far in winter these textures really make it look like flying.Notice how we are collectively entering a bipolar world -- one bunch is making sharper, more colorful textures (almost like digital color enhancement setting on video card, grass practically glows, and exaggerated relief effects like all buildings and now even fields and roads made by vacuum-process plastic molder like 1950s Christmas decorations) ----other bunch (Garrett) is making subdued, hazy, visibility limiting textures --And they both look great! Tried flight in English countryside last weekend in summer weather with "bright" textures and impression was so real could almost hear birds twittering and clack of croquet balls on village green, not to mention something stirring in haystack with flaxenhaired verger's daughter blushing down to the starched collar on her white blouse) ----and this weekend tried Garrett textures with real weather over Los Angeles basin, dirty like a toilet bowl, washed out brown hazy smoggy world but like never before thought: Hey, that's what it looks like from an airplane. Could almost smell first officer's indigestion after bad breakfast of watery scrambled eggs. World not always a picture postcard.So what goes with us, community bipolar syndrome? Both approaches are great. Garrett Kronenberg's work is superb -- true realism. Masterpiece. Each to his own (and hers too) -- hold on tight and away we go!