Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

RMI for Caravan?

Guest aca_dia

Any way to change the default ADF in the Caravan to and RMI?

Guest paulri

You can do it by editing the panel.cfg file in the Panel folder. I did just that in FS2002, have not gotten around to it for FS9.Comment out the ADF line with the //, then add a line below it, using the King Air RMI--should fit perfectly into the space, as shown below. Both gauges, at least in FS2002, seemed to be the same size. //gauge34=Cessna208!ADF,417,219gauge34=KingAir!Rmi, 417, 219 HTH,Paul

Guest aca_dia

Hey thanks!That worked like a charm. I did not fly with it yet, but it fits perfectly and it takes about 30 seconds to make the swap. Appreciate the info.

Guest aca_dia

Ooops one more question...The King Air RMI has differnt a different light color at night (red tint). Not a huge deal, but is there any way to configure it to match the other caravan instruments?

Guest paulri

Sorry, that one I can't help with. Have never tried the Caravan at night, so was not aware of that. I have no idea how to change lights for individual instruments. I do know that you can change the numbers for night in the color section of the panel.cfg file, but that changes everything for the panel. Never messed with it myself however. Paul