Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

Patchy water video problem at dawn (& perhaps dusk as w...

I have recently detected a water rendering problem that seems to exhibit itself only at dawn, and then only at certain times during this period, most commonly during the middle of the time frame. It occurs with the default water textures as well as with any of the numerous add-on textures that are available. The water appears in a patchy or checkerboard pattern of light and dark hues. This has nothing to do with shadows, etc. It just seems that rectangular blocks of water are a different color. I first noticed this problem over San Francisco Bay and then around Key West, FL.I found an earlier post indicating that someone else who had this problem had fixed it by changing his display settings to Water Effect "High"; Dawn/Dusk Texture Blending = Off; and Extended Terrain Textures = 0ff. Using these settings did not work for me.I do not think this problem is video card or driver dependent since it occurs on both of my machines, one running a Radeon 9800 Pro with Catalyst 3.8 drivers (the 3.9 set will not work with my monitor at all) and the other running an nVidia Ti4400 with the latest drivers. Also, I do not think the problem is processor related because it isn't a situation where the display ultimately catches up. These blocks do not disappear until the sky lightens. Additionally, these are relatively fast machines, with P4s of 3 GHz and 2 GHz, respectively.Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, is there a fix? I assume it will also occur at dusk, although I haven't tested this out yet. Thanks.

I believe this is a known problem (bug) with FS9. If you select Trilinear Filtering, it isn't quite as noticeable, but still there to some degree. Ray