Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Changing (reducing) taxispeed of AI in FS2004?

Guest josh0571

How do you change (reduce) the taxispeed of AI in FS2004?Any help would be great!Cheers :)Josh

That's a first, reducing the taxispeed of AI!! Everyone else wants to increase the speed. At the moment there is no program to adjust the fs2004 taxispeed.Microsoft asked a lot of beta testers what the max taxispeed should be. The concensus was 20kts. FS2002 was set at 12kts. The speed at which the AI taxi is determined by the length between taxiway nodes, the angle between nodes, and the obstructions (other aircraft) it sees.Micorsoft also improved the whole ATC process by providing multiple takeoff and landing runways, moving an aircraft into position and hold to speed up takeoffs, and increasing the max taxispeed to move aircraft around the airport.W. Sieffert

>That's a first, reducing the taxispeed of AI!! Everyone else>wants to increase the speed. At the moment there is no>program to adjust the fs2004 taxispeed.>>Microsoft asked a lot of beta testers what the max taxispeed>should be. The concensus was 20kts. FS2002 was set at 12kts.> The speed at which the AI taxi is determined by the length>between taxiway nodes, the angle between nodes, and the>obstructions (other aircraft) it sees.>>Micorsoft also improved the whole ATC process by providing>multiple takeoff and landing runways, moving an aircraft into>position and hold to speed up takeoffs, and increasing the max>taxispeed to move aircraft around the airport.>>W. Sieffert20Kts should be ideal! However I have observed that FS2004 does keep to that on taxiways. It seems though it goes back to 12Kts on the Runway after landing (Which is where you need the extra speed), as well as parking and gate ramps.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest RobertK

>20Kts should be ideal! However I have observed that FS2004>does keep to that on taxiways. It seems though it goes back to>12Kts on the Runway after landing (Which is where you need the>extra speed), as well as parking and gate ramps.I tend to think that I am seeing the same here...and it would indeed be great to correct that.Regards,Robert

Probably what appears to be a slow taxi speed off the runway is the measured short distance, at the point the aircraft changes from the landing mode to taxi mode, to the next node where the aircraft will leave the runway to the taxiway.Generally, once an AI aircraft leaves the parking areas and is on a long straight taxiway, it speeds up to the maximum taxi speed of twenty knots.W. Sieffert

Guest josh0571

Thanks for the replies guys.Cheers :)Josh

Yes, it might be a first, but when I compare what I see in FS2004 and what I've seen in real life, the real life planes don't look to be taxiing nearly as fast as they do in FS2004. I try to taxi as realistically as I possibly can, and I can't even keep up with the AI....What I'd like to see is a taxispeed for regular taxiing, and a separate taxispeed for aircraft that just landed and are taxiing to a runway exit. Both of which can be changed in fs*.cfg if the default settings aren't ideal in your own opinion.... Can also use the post-landing taxi speed for ai aircraft having to taxi down to the end of the runway on the runway for takeoff....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Dr_T

I had too many 'go arounds' at my favorite airports (like the rest of us it seems), so I used AFCAD2 to create additional taxiways that allow aircraft to exit the runway sooner. I looked for the spot on the runway where most planes transition from landing speed to taxi speed, then I inserted an exit taxiway just after that point. This gets planes off of the runway sooner, but it changes the visual appearance of the airport.I know this doesn't affect taxi speed, but it does get planes off of the runway sooner.Take care,--Matt

Try putting a Southwest Airlines repaint on your AI traffic.... then they'll taxi just short of rotation speed :-)Richard