Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutcase

Norway Airports 2004 scenery deserves big award!

If you missed this this scenery is fanastic freeware(available here at avsim). http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=40347Every airport is a gem (53 of them!)-from the line boy giving you signals to the log mill factories, airport detail, added trees. Add the subtle lighting fs2004 gives this area of the world and it is a real treat. This is a spectacular package-thanks to the authors Arne Sundsbo/Kjell Aril Bersaas/Jan Roar Rod.A couple shots:http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for the heads up!

Guest Iron Underside

Not to mention most fantastic thing of all, available previously in version for FS 2002 as well at a couple of airports (Bardufoss) but now included for more places (i.e. Tromso): Piled up winter snow around the airports and alongside the runways -- you have to taxi and land among deep snowbanks! Now you can hardly see Tromso tower from runway threshold. This is fantastic scenery, best coverage ever seen for a large area, not to mention surrealistic effects of flying in far north at this time of year (harsh weather, tiny bit of dim "daylight" around noon, the lights on the bridges looming out of the fog, etc., etc.).Makes you feel so Norwegian you could almost eat that horrible lutefisk without vodka and still not gag. Bravo Norwegians and Skol!

Oh Geof, Geof, I don't know about Norway Airports 2004 but my downloader (Star Downloader on dialup) could certainly do with that award - here we go again - just can't resist... LOL, LOL!! Cheers!Mike :-wave

Unfortunately some of the Airports (Stavanger for example) crash my FS2004 to desktop. Any ideas why? Have had to remove for now:-(Adam

Guest nutcase

Hi.You may want to read the thread about the global seasons CTD patch. It's a big bug in fs2004 with seasons going for fall to winter and from winter to fall. That's why your fs2004 crashes. I guess you do not have this problem in the winter or summer season.Greetings from NorwayJan Roar Rod