Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

FSW Highest Clouds Performance v2 Available Now

Hi, In this version 2, The cirrus clouds have been fixed to blend near mountain and remove the hard edge. the first pic is the default and the other one is the new one. This files contains the highest clouds performance available for Fs 2004 with the the fix included with 32bit or DXT3 format.I have seen some user thinking this was the FOG clouds in fs2004 which is not. Real Life Fog - is basically stratus clouds which lower to the ground. When the fog "lifts," it rises from the surface as a deck of stratus clouds. They are realistic in fs2004, the clouds blend to the mountain.The file to download is: Highest Performance clouds v2 (1.17MB)http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWFs2k4fix.html http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51889.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51887.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51888.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris, what can I say, you have surpassed even yourself with this set :-), off to down load now.Many. many thanks.You software developers will soon have FS9 looking and performing how we like it :-)

Chris,Great news. Looks great.Might you take a quick glance at the v2.0 file to be sure that it contains the newer versions of your Cirrus clouds? (Any since 12/1/2003.) (Hope I'm wrong here.)Thanks,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,:-hmmm Errrr ... following the link all I'm getting is a blank, black, page. :-(

Guest ps76

Hi,I had the problem with getting a blank page also. Then made sure I had Macromedia flash player installed and page loaded ok.Hope this helps...Pierre

Are you on dialup perchance? Page is ok, it just takes ages to load.And yes, it needs to install Macromedia Flash Player - v.7, if I remember correctly. I haven't tried again after the Player was installed so, as others have suggested, that's undoubtedly the explanation.Mike

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Thanks. Already have 8.5.1 loaded (came pre-loaded on my new rig). Page still refuses to load ... not even any connectivity indications (have sat watching it for the past 15 minutes). Suppose will just have to wait for it to appear in the Library.

Guest DonaldS

Hi Chris:Let me get this straight - I have NOT installed any of your previous cloud offerings, so; Do I just download and install Highest Performance clouds v2 (1.17MB) and that's it, or,Do I download 4.5MB file and install it THEN install the 1.17MB file?Thanks Chris,Don Schaaf

Guest DonaldS

Chris:Got it! Thanks.If a Flight Simulator Hall of Fame is ever opened, you are assured of being inducted into it, right off the bat. Your contributions have been outstanding.Regards,DonaldS

Guest Gringo

Chriss:I have already installed the original High Clouds you made to solve some of the problems experienced when flying around Clouds.Aside from beeter Quality what is the difference of Vol 2 clouds and the old one.Can I installed it on top of the old one , or do I have to delete the old one first?Your help would be appreciated.Edmundo Cardenas