Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

FSW Highest Clouds Performance v2 Available Now

Hi Chris,I'm using your Highest Performance clouds v1 which seem to date from december 1. Now I downloaded Highest Performance clouds v2 and these files also seem to date december 1. Only some documentation and screenshots date from december 7. So what's the change, or do I miss something.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51962.jpg

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi, There was two files not available in the earlier pack, be aware about date, If I create stuff dated on december 1 or earlier and I re upload after, this is not mean there is no change, I have stuff from july/september 03 :-wave"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder and forget about the time and date, enjoy flying"ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

These clouds are beautiful! I have my settings on the clouds maxed and hardly seem to take a hit on FPS! Thank you.

Hi Chris,Which format do you think "looks" better? I have a pretty fast machine - so I planned on using the 32-bit format. However, the readme seems to imply that the compressed DXT3 clouds are higher-res. Could you clear this up?Thanks for all the hard work,Marc

Hi, use the cumulus from DXT3 format, and cirrus from 32 bits.The 32 bits cumulus in this version, I have reduced the resolution compare to the dxt3, and for those who don't want to enable render to texture. But normaly in all situation 32 bits are the best, be aware this pack is for increasing frame rate and fix, not really visual, the visual improvement will be with fs sky world 2004 total new environment.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,Thanks for the RAPID response - one more question. Since my main interest is removing the hard edge around mountains, I want to use the 32-bit cirrus replacements right now (I'll wait on SkyWorld for cumulus). Should I use both your DXT3 and 32-bit formats to replace the defaults or JUST the 32-bit textures? Put simply, will I be placing 14 files or 5 files in the texture folder?Thanks again,Marc

O.K. Chris. Thanks for your help. I understand this will not change the visibility artifacts... good to know. I'm looking forward to Skyworld - I'm sure it will knock our socks off! It amazes me how much you know about Flightsim's weather rendering - especially without an SDK. You Da Man!See Ya,Marc

Guest gizmocat

Another great improvement,Thanks Chris.