Sign in to follow this  
Wasso

Fs dies!

Hello again!I have an extremely annoying problem with flight simulator 9. FS crashes about two minutes after i click the fly now button. It doesn't matter which aircraft i use, which airport I'm standing at... Fs just turns black... And after a minute or two, a dialog box, saying that fs needs to close, shows up... Is there anyone who knows what this might be? Thx in advance!/Wasso :)

Hello again!I have an extremely annoying problem with flight simulator 9. FS crashes about two minutes after i click the fly now button. It doesn't matter which aircraft i use, which airport I'm standing at... Fs just turns black... And after a minute or two, a dialog box, saying that fs needs to close, shows up... Is there anyone who knows what this might be? Thx in advance!/Wasso :)
Hi Have you added anything new to FS9 (particularly scenery addons) or made any other changes to FS9 since it last worked properly?Bill

Hi Have you added anything new to FS9 (particularly scenery addons) or made any other changes to FS9 since it last worked properly?Bill
No scenery, bought and installed iFly 737 a couple of days ago

bought and installed iFly 737 a couple of days ago
Then looks like it might be related to iFly, though frankly speaking I haven't heard of this problem.Please go to iFly forums, register there (if you haven't done it yet) and the support will help you if it happens to be iFly related in any way.http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/default.asp

Hi Wasso,It could be a number of reasons why the sim is crashing.Bill has already covered the most obvious cause of the crash - the addons.Although, I will agree that iFly probably has nothing to do with it since it's never been heard of before, but then again, there's always a first for everything.Where exactly does it crash to the desktop ? Since you said it takes approximately 2 minutes for it to crash to the desktop, you should be able to see the loading screen with the load percentage before you're placed at the airport. If so, can you check where exactly does it load up to and then crashes ? It could be a weather engine related problem as that is very common.Are you running Windows 7 ? If so, do you know about the 'Event Viewer' application in it ? It can be used to check what exactly is causing the problem. I'd be happy to guide you through it, if necessary. Hope this helps.Cheers,

Hi Wasso,It could be a number of reasons why the sim is crashing.Bill has already covered the most obvious cause of the crash - the addons.Although, I will agree that iFly probably has nothing to do with it since it's never been heard of before, but then again, there's always a first for everything.Where exactly does it crash to the desktop ? Since you said it takes approximately 2 minutes for it to crash to the desktop, you should be able to see the loading screen with the load percentage before you're placed at the airport. If so, can you check where exactly does it load up to and then crashes ? It could be a weather engine related problem as that is very common.Are you running Windows 7 ? If so, do you know about the 'Event Viewer' application in it ? It can be used to check what exactly is causing the problem. I'd be happy to guide you through it, if necessary. Hope this helps.Cheers,
Hi!Fs doesn't crash when it's loading. It dies when in the simulation (problably during the prestart checks). I will try to uninstall ifly and see if that helps...Cheers!

Hello again, uninstalled iFly. But it didn't help... fs is still crashing a couple of minutes into the flight...

Is the simulator updated to 9.1 ? Does the simulator give you a memory conflict error before it crashes ? What about the weather for your flight ? Is it set to 'Real World Weather' as that can cause problems at times and restrict your simulator from starting up properly.Try deleting the FS9.cfg and then start the sim. (Don't worry, the sim will rebuild this file once you start it)Are you running Windows 7 ? If so, please use 'Event Viewer' application to see which file(s) are causing problems with the simulator.Try firing up the sim with different aircrafts at airports where you last remember everything working correctly.Cheers,

Is the simulator updated to 9.1 ? Does the simulator give you a memory conflict error before it crashes ? What about the weather for your flight ? Is it set to 'Real World Weather' as that can cause problems at times and restrict your simulator from starting up properly.Try deleting the FS9.cfg and then start the sim. (Don't worry, the sim will rebuild this file once you start it)Are you running Windows 7 ? If so, please use 'Event Viewer' application to see which file(s) are causing problems with the simulator.Try firing up the sim with different aircrafts at airports where you last remember everything working correctly.Cheers,
Yes, 9.1 is installednope, i always start the sim with clear weather. Since i'm flying on vatsim, Fsinn fixes the weather for meok, will test to delete the cfgnope, i run XPi have tried with all of my addon aircraft att almost all airports i have scenery for (a lot)Thanks!/Wasso

Try it without FSInn. That has caused quite a lot of problems with the LDS B767.Colin B

I'm confused.Do you have addon sceneries and aircrafts installed ? If so, which ones and did you install/update any of the sceneries ? That could be causing a problem.Applications such as Ultimate Terrain, FSGlobal, etc that change the global layout could possibly be causing conflicts here.EDIT : Yes, as Colin suggested, try disabling FSInn weather and see if that works.Cheers,