Sign in to follow this  
Guest p_r_johnson

FS2004 Anybody played it?

Guest THEGENERAL22

Ok then i'll get XP. If i didn't have such a rubbish graphics card eating up RAM i would be left with 256MB.

Guest THEGENERAL22

My P.C. does have an AGP i thinks it's x4 but my graphics card (SiS 630/730) only has basic 3D performance. The P.C. was relatively cheap and brand new at

Guest THEGENERAL22

Well, you may laugh but the games are Flight Unlimited 2, Battle of Britain and Theme Hospital. FU2 i'm not bothered about but Battle of Britain and Theme Hospital i am. They both say compatible with windows 98 and ME but no mention of XP but does this matter.

Guest LLgaz

Good decision to get XP. Windows ME was a huge disaster.I'm sure that most of your other software would be compatible. If they aren't, windows XP has this feature where you run the game in a Win9X environment.....basically tricks the game into believing that you are running a Win9x OS. So should be ok.Also, if you have the money, get XP Professional. If you'd rather plunk down the money on a Graphics card instead, then get the OEM version of XP Home Edition which is between $80 and $90 here in the US.

Guest p_r_johnson

...probably only because neither Win2k or XPp were out when those games were released.. but XP home is where you ought to be heading. It's also a newer version of the base-NT OS line with all of the Win2000 patches and Service Packs built in; has many newer technical features which are more geared to the home-user; a more user-friendly interface; it is the first os from Microsoft that could be considered anything like "reliable". .. and yes - I'm running an AMXD +3000 with a gig of ram and a 128MB ATI 9000 (not the best, I admit) - but I have to tweak an' play an' tweak again to get anywhere near a constant 20 fps. regards,pj