Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Night Lighting Video looks AWESOME!

Saw it before, very nice - yeah the SQL error this morning was annoying

Thanks for the update, it looks great. Nice surprise to see this when I got home today after being gone for a month.

Since my MD-11 days I could not settle for less but full cockpit lighting control.And here we go - PMDG proves the NGX will be the best of its kind. A true revival for FSX...Only one question - the FSX has a weird behavior, when on APU or ground power, the internal cockpit lighting does not operate as it should e.g. the flood lights are kinda dim or non existent. This fact was leaving me in semi darkness (even with MD-11) until the first engine is started and the generator comes online. Considering the level of programming depth of NGX can we expect the night flood to be fully operational when we have the APU power?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Since my MD-11 days I could not settle for less but full cockpit lighting control.And here we go - PMDG proves the NGX will be the best of its kind. A true revival for FSX...Only one question - the FSX has a weird behavior, when on APU or ground power, the internal cockpit lighting does not operate as it should e.g. the flood lights are kinda dim or non existent. This fact was leaving me in semi darkness (even with MD-11) until the first engine is started and the generator comes online. Considering the level of programming depth of NGX can we expect the night flood to be fully operational when we have the APU power?
Well ive had no issues with the Md11 lighting, i mean all the lighting works with the engines off (just apu) so I would imagine the NGX would work just as the real one. Anyway brilliant video to wake up to on a sunday morning :(

Looks very nice but I'm still not holding my breath for a release anytime soon.-Raven Harris

Great lighting, I love how you can make the display unit LCD's back lighting over bright making it look a washed out purple, just like the real thing.

Only one question - the FSX has a weird behavior, when on APU or ground power, the internal cockpit lighting does not operate as it should e.g. the flood lights are kinda dim or non existent. This fact was leaving me in semi darkness (even with MD-11) until the first engine is started and the generator comes online. Considering the level of programming depth of NGX can we expect the night flood to be fully operational when we have the APU power?
Indeed, I also hope they have worked around it with the NGX.

I expected nothing but the best when it comes to night lighting, and this has exceeded those expectations. I was surprised to see the chart lights under the left side cockpit window work, I believe most addons ignore that function. PMDG has really left no stone unturned (or unlit).This lighting is going to help us in FSX's notorious dawn/dusk transition period big time!

Wow so many lighting options, I'm very impressed with what you guys have done with this aircraft from start to finish, thank you PMDG!!

There are multiple ways to turn the knob, and a double right click will bring it to full intensity (or double left click to off).We would have posted an announcement of this video ourselves, but Avsim was having some troubles earlier. Also, Robert is still planning on a more in-depth demonstration of some of the airplane's features, but we've been neck deep in tweaking, so we thought instead of leaving you hanging for yet another weekend, we'd put up something to wet your appetites...Enjoy!
Impressive. :( One question, what hardware/graphic card are in use on this video?

nice video, I like the lightning options - guess i haven't seen an aircraft with that much options for the light.good job, guys

Great light effects btw. You guys have put lots and lots of effort on this, and you can see it:)One question, I remember Ryan mentioning awhile back, he mentioned you can control the rgb color of certain lights in the vc. Is this still the case and which lights can be color be edited if user wishes too? I think it was 'pimp my cockpit' or something like that:) lolCheers agian for the nice vid :)

Simon