Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Night Lighting Video looks AWESOME!

Not sure anything will excite me anymore until I have this on my hard drive. No doubt this will be exponentially close to perfect. I'm kind of dissapointed about the wait for this plane because of the excitement I felt a couple weeks over one of there updates, which dissolved after two weeks into boredom when nothing happened. That's my emotions talking but my logic says they obviously haven't released it for a reason. So in conclusion as long as it's released in 2011 my emotions should stay in check. Although if there is a 2012 release then I probably won't be able hold in my emotional side and start whining like a ADHD kid on crack like some of us already do.
There will be a 2012 release, but it won't be the NGX ;).Don't worry, keep your wits about you... the NGX will DEFINITELY not release in 2012.
Great light effects btw. You guys have put lots and lots of effort on this, and you can see it:)One question, I remember Ryan mentioning awhile back, he mentioned you can control the rgb color of certain lights in the vc. Is this still the case and which lights can be color be edited if user wishes too? I think it was 'pimp my cockpit' or something like that:) lolCheers agian for the nice vid :)
We still plan to tweak these colors a bit (but they are a lot less yellow/amber than they typically appear in photos), and yes, panel lighting colors are fully customizable...
Impressive. :( One question, what hardware/graphic card are in use on this video?
The video was captured with Fraps at 1920x1200, which decreases frame rates by at least 30%. The computer that this video was captured on is about 1.5 years old. It's an i7 920 with an Nvidia GTX 285.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest RomanS

When I'm playing the MD11, I tend to adjust my LCDs and panel lights to night levels at the gate, and then keep the main flood on for all the preflight things to be done around the cockpit, and later just kill the flood mid-taxi, maybe lowering the lights a bit more in late climb. It seems that NGX is gonna support that behavior as well...But it makes me wonder - how do the real 737NG pilots usually go about this?

The video was captured with Fraps at 1920x1200, which decreases frame rates by at least 30%. The computer that this video was captured on is about 1.5 years old. It's an i7 920 with an Nvidia GTX 285.
May I ask what that i7 920 is overclocked to?

I didn't think that FSX allowed you to have that much lighting options.This 737 is really scaring me. Nail%20Biting.gif What I would like to know is if I make a flight from New York to London with the 737NGX, will I really be in London when the airplane lands? I mean, if I really need to say goodby to my family, I need to know before-hand.Big%20Grin.gifThank you,Bob

We still plan to tweak these colors a bit (but they are a lot less yellow/amber than they typically appear in photos), and yes, panel lighting colors are fully customizable...
Cool, I think the background panel digits etc would look cool in red. So I will have some fun with this feature...Keep up the good work!

Simon

Nah not the 777. The advanced pogostick is the 2012 release;)And maybe the next days we will get a better definition ehat "coming soon" means :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

I wish it doesn't take another 5 years for PMDG to do the 777..Thinking.gif
I guess they plan to import many sytems of the ngx. I really hope that they will release the 777 in 2012 too but don't forget about the Pogostick :D

regards,

Alexander Marx

Thank you Vin.

Cool, I think the background panel digits etc would look cool in red. So I will have some fun with this feature...Keep up the good work!
Well, if you choose the option to use a Honeywell MCP, they are in red. The Collins MCP doesn't use red (and what is shown in this video...)

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

It's overclocked to 3.4Ghz. I use a Corsair H50 as a cooler.
I'm so annoyed, I hear a lot of people with an i7 920 and I have one too, mines is at 4.2GHz but doesn't give as good frames as yours.. what airport are you at in that video? I also have a GTX 460.My CPU voltages are at auto because I don't know how to do these..Does anyone know why mines is delivering performance like this? (Not as good)