Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Night Lighting Video looks AWESOME!

The diffuse lighting of the seats with the center console flood on is my favorite detail :)

Guys-the 2012 "release" will most likely NOT be the 777. The dash 8 is up next. There is an official dev schedule somwhere on there website.Also, do't expect the 777 to be a quick thing. Lets try to remember words like " soon, quick, short" are very subjective at PMDG.Furthermore, timelines are not to be taken literally. The are ONLY a developers guess-timate, at best.

Peter Osborn

Guys-the 2012 "release" will most likely NOT be the 777. The dash 8 is up next. There is an official dev schedule somwhere on there website.Also, do't expect the 777 to be a quick thing. Lets try to remember words like " soon, quick, short" are very subjective at PMDG.Furthermore, timelines are not to be taken literally. The are ONLY a developers guess-timate, at best.
I do expect the 777 to be quickier than the NGX. Matter of a year to a year and a half from now. Maybe two, but not more than that. From my point of view, the 737 is taking so long because PMDG is rewriting all the codes used in their products. As they have already stated, not a single line of code from their previous products was copied to the NGX (maybe two or three :(). Everything is new. With the T7, they will have the base codes already done and those more specific ones will be relatively easier to be built because the they will have the codes from the NGX as a basis of camparison. At the same time PMDG builds the NGX, they have to find ways around the bugs they stumble along the way. With the 777, many of the bugs that may appear will be already known and will be solved more easily and other bugs found on the NGX may not happen at all to the T7. I'm not saying that the development of the T7 will be a bed of roses, but things tend to get easier once you know how to deal with them.

Matheus Mafra

777?Big%20Grin.gif
woodpigeon

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I do expect the 777 to be quickier than the NGX. Matter of a year to a year and a half from now. Maybe two, but not more than that. From my point of view, the 737 is taking so long because PMDG is rewriting all the codes used in their products. As they have already stated, not a single line of code from their previous products was copied to the NGX (maybe two or three :(). Everything is new. With the T7, they will have the base codes already done and those more specific ones will be relatively easier to be built because the they will have the codes from the NGX as a basis of camparison. At the same time PMDG builds the NGX, they have to find ways around the bugs they stumble along the way. With the 777, many of the bugs that may appear will be already known and will be solved more easily and other bugs found on the NGX may not happen at all to the T7. I'm not saying that the development of the T7 will be a bed of roses, but things tend to get easier once you know how to deal with them.
You have a good point.It doesnt really matter to me- i will wait. its just part of the "hobby". I have been flying the MD11 from the FO side. I will upgrade to a captn when they release the NG. ;)

Peter Osborn

With Microsoft Flight just around the corner, I wonder how many of these future products like the 777 will be ported to it, instead of the ageing FSX.Whilst it is an exciting time in Flight Sim history with all of these professional product, so cheaply at our disposal, we are still subject to the dominant forces such as Microsoft and other major players.It really does make one think about major investments in FSX's future at the moment.Frank Cooper

I've noticed the FMC used to be OP PROGRAM 10.8, now it shows 10.8A. Any changes with this different FMC software, or maybe just the letter A. Who knows =p

Alexis Mefano

I hope that they will fully concentrate on the 777 after the 737 NGX release, because there seems to be a quite sofisticated Dash already in development. Soon we will have two new 737, maybe two new Dash aircraft. Why not develop something that is totally missing like an A330 (more than 500 sold until now) instead of the Dash.

With Microsoft Flight just around the corner, .......
Says who? I'm sure MS is aiming for the end of year holiday season to get Flight out, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't get it out until somewhere mid-next year.
....It really does make one think about major investments in FSX's future at the moment.
Personally, I don't consider the NGX as a "major investment". It's something I've been waiting for since the day FSX was released (granted, at that time I didn't have a computer powerfull enough to run it..).Secondly, it took me 4 years to make the step from FS9 to FSX. Why? Not only because my previous rig was hardly able to run it. The main reason was the shear lack of high quality addons for FSX.Even if MS would release Flight tomorrow, I'm sure lots of people will not give up on FSX right away. It will take time for the community to migrate... IF they choose to do so, and personally, that's a big IF, since I'm not that sure Flight will be for the dedicated serious flightsimmers we all consider ourselves to be (otherwise, we wouldn't look at and get so much excited about an addon like the NGX, would we?).About the video itself: I can't think of a single superlative that comes close to what PMDG did... WOW! :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

First thing they have to do is to release this baby as soon as possible :Big Grin:It looks so darn perfect , but i think we're pretty close now ;)

regards,

Alexander Marx

I do expect the T7 (and others) dev cycle to be MUCH shorter. Why? Because Ryan and RSR have mentioned that there “new dev platform” uses C++. Why would that help? Because, as an example, with a C++ you can model such things as avionics boxes, DUs and controllers/systems etc. as objects (black boxes). Multiple objects can be contained in container objects which might represent an “avionics sub system”. Once you have modeled, coded, debugged and tested an object it is “done”. It then can be “simply” instantiated (used again) on another aircraft platform. Sounds simple? It is NOT, but if done correctly it is an extremely powerful approach to maximize code reuse, minimize the debug/test phase and hence shorten similar product developments cycles. Which is of course beneficial to all since follow on products are quicker to market (more revenue and customer satisfaction). The catch is of course the first development where all the “heavy lifting” is required. There are always decisions to be made between just getting it done and making objects more generic so that the code base is “wide enough” to be used on future platforms. Since many Boeing systems are similar, it would make sense that the T7 will be in our hands before we know it. :( Time will be the judge.An incredible bonus for us FS customers is that PMDG have the luxury of releasing a product “when it is done”. While the NGX has taken a significant amount of time, it might be that a portion of this time has been building the code base (objects) that will shorten the dev cycle of future PMDG products. That is why being impatient is totally counterproductive!!!!!! The above is all pure speculation based on many years of past s/w development and of course I could be wrong. But then again, it really doesn’t matter.Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

I'm so annoyed, I hear a lot of people with an i7 920 and I have one too, mines is at 4.2GHz but doesn't give as good frames as yours.. what airport are you at in that video? I also have a GTX 460.My CPU voltages are at auto because I don't know how to do these..Does anyone know why mines is delivering performance like this? (Not as good)
It's possible that your FSX cfg file isn't configured or tweaked to your hardware and settings.Pass the config file through this online tool by ******* Altuvehttp://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlYou should an increase in frame rate.

Erik L.

I'm impressed....:( Can't wait for the next video......:(