Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salbado

So what is the best "Texture Upgrade"?

Guest Stamatis

In FS2002, if you look at the Season box it highlights "Fall".Stamatis

Guest Salbado

The solution is simple..I did it last night. and it's a brand new simulator!First...Blue Sphere - all seasons.Second...Ocean FX and assorted tweaks accoding to Water textures best in the Avsim post.Third and last...Chris Willis' night and clouds...done, done, done.Absolutely awesome!Gotta go fly now...My sincere thanks to all of these phenomenal developers...

Guest Stamatis

Do these textures also work with FS2002?Stamatis

Guest Terblanche

For me the best ground textures (without a doubt) are Ruud Faber's FScene for FS2004!This is what I did:1. I made a folder called FSTextures2. Then I copied FScene Europe winter textures over to the FSTextures folder, followed by Fall and Summer by FScene for Europe. (do not override any files, just add ...)3. Then I copied Gerrit's BlueSphere textures and again I did not override, just added4. Then I copied the whole lot over to FS9's scenery/world/texture folder and override5. For the MAIN FS9 textures I use FSW and Gerrit's textures, with some spice with Chris Arrington's textures (AIRPORT ENVIRONMENT UPGRADE)All of the above makes a wonderful combination!EnjoyT

Another question:Gerrit has a "Winter" and a "Heavy Winter" texture file. I'm assuming you have to use one or the other, and that both can not co-exist in your texture folder. Is this correct? I installed each separately but was hard pressed to see any difference between the two.Chris

Chris,No, both winter and hard winter should be installed together, just as with Microsoft's default seasonal textures.John

Guest Salbado

Hi StamatisI am not sure if these work in 2002...I was wondering why you have not moved over to FS9 and all it's new glory? I too hesitated for fear of losing a strong and stable simulator for my homebuilt flightdeck but now that I have taken the plunge...it was definitely worth it..Everything was moved over except the Simflyers which I don't think I need now because of the great FS9 scenery...too hard on the FPS for moving jetdocks.Oh, and I lost my ability to manually start each engine seperately..can't figure it out...Regards, Sal

I don't have FSscene, so I'm not sure what default files it replaces, but if the files have the same names, you can't have both in the same folder! I think you probably did "override" the FSscene files.

Guest Stamatis

Main reason for not yet upgrading is that I am simply happy with what I've got :-)I also dread the moment when the EPIC programs and FS2002.cfg joystick entries are moved over to FS2004...But I will upgrade pretty soon. Now that FS9 compatible AFCAD is released I have no more excuses.Stamatis

Guest Terblanche

If you read my post you will see that I say - I keep the FScene, I just add Gerrit's files. I do not override.T

Guest Salbado

Hi,Yeah, I too was apprehensive about the switchover..I have a Hagstrom set up (4 72's) with PM im my flight deck and a handmade joystick for Spoilers and Flaps. Once I got rolling though, I was done in about a week...and never looked back. Good Luck

Guest Stamatis

I would appreciate it if you told me what aspect was the most difficult to "upgrade" to FS9?The EPIC programming (epl files), your proprietary sections inside FS2002.cfg or what?Stamatis

Guest Salbado

Sorry...I don not use EPIC...I am strictly a Hagstrom encoder builder...I use 4 Hagstrom KE 72's. One each for MCDU, MAIN, FCU, and ECAM. Joystick is home made gameport with a 100 Ohm pot with two axis for spoilers and flaps...I am awaiting Throttles for FDS.No real problems in FS9 except that I lost my starters for manual engine start...was using "J" after fuel enrichment followed by ++++++.Otherwise, it was really a process of loading and tweaking all of the software...Project Magenta, FSUIPC, FS9, UT, FDC, wxRe, Wide FS, GoFlight, FS Nav, etc...Regards...