Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Not another upgrade question.....

Guest panda234

Yes, sorry. I have a P4PE MB that has a 133mhz FSB. I bought it last April, and am surprised that FSB's are up to 800mhz now. Is it that big a jump to upgrade to a MB that supports a higher, i.e. 800mhz FSB?One of the big reasons for my question is that I have a nagging problem with textures rendering. When I switch to spot view, somtimes the aircraft never really renders properly and all of the other scenery is blurry. If I right click with the mouse to bring up the little menu and then left click again all the textures come back. This happens the vast majority of the time with aircraft that have 32 bit textures (the md11 is a real killer is this regard). I have virtually no problems with the default aircraft, for instance.It seems to me that this is a bandwidth issue, and I'm hoping that a higher FSB will address it. thx,billg

Guest panda234

John, I was going by the CPU External Frequency in the BIOS settings. Thought that was the FSB speed. Can't find any settings that are 533mhz or that look like they are FSB. billg

The motherboard multiplies the 133 Mhz by a factor of 4 to arrive at 533.If your memory allows it, you can try to go to 155 which will yield a 620 FSB and make your P4-2.4 perform like a P4-2.8 with stock cooling..

Bert

Have you tried changing the bandwidth setting in FS9.cfg?TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200does it for me... some suggest setting it to 400..

Bert