Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

Meridian or Seneca V

I was thinking of buying the Flight One Meridian or the FSD International Seneca V. I am looking for a fairly fast GA and I am not sure which to get. I hope I could hear from some that own either. I am not looking for one sucks and the other doesnt just some info to help me decide. Thanks Andrew

I love the meridian. Great with the advanced avionics. Very nice product.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi,I have both and you definately should go for the Meridian.Overall I think the Meridian is better and specifically the avionics. These are state of the art in the Meridian.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest UweR

Hi, a third vote for the Meridian from me! :-)

Guest SoarPics

Like the others here, I strongly recommend the Meridian. You don't mention what OS you're are using, but the Meridian can have some problems running on ME and/or 98 (see Flight1's notes about this on their website):http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?search...search=MeridianIf you have Win XP though, the Meridian should be your choice.

The Meridian is superb but combine the Seneca with Reality XP's Jetline 2 and Garmin 530 and you have another winner.John

Guest Ezdale

The Meridian Rocks + you get the reality XP's Garmin 530 with it. However Microsoft XP is a must to realy enjoy it. Iv Had Both and other than a few bits of eye candy the Senaca is not much more than the Baron 58. Dale

Thank you all for your replies. I have win xp and it sounds as though the Meridian is the way to go. Dale I thought the same thing about the Baron and Seneca being so similar. I think I will get the Meridian.Thanks againAndrew

Guest anthonye

>Hi, a third vote for the Meridian from me! :-)I will second that or even 5th it as everyone else thinks it's far betterAnthony

I own both and they are equally terrific in their own way. As far as speed I think they are both comperable. The avionics package of the Meridian is far superior, where as if you like the traditional gauges and radios, the Seneca is the way to go. The Meridian has a bit more of a learning curve than the Seneca. Both have just as many repaints.The Meridian take a lot more memory to run than the Seneca.If you are confident in your computers performance, I would purchase the Meridian and get the Seneca later. The Seneca doesn't cost as much, so there for if you are not on a budget, get the large purchase out of the way first. Fly the Meridian and when you get bored of all those fance gauges then go for the Seneca, one of the best light twins on the market. I bought both, and have no regrets.

Guest scullen1

Gotta agree with Yellow5 here. There is a bit more learning curve, but that doesn't mean you have to be fully up to speed on all of the avionics in order to fly the plane. You can hand fly the Meridian just as easily as any other.I do love that Meridian though. Most plane for the money you can buy.-- Steve Cullen

You might consider getting them both of course, they're both wonderful aircraft (very different, one being single-engine, the other offering the fun of fiddling with two), but-if you're really looking for a powerful, speedy GA, why not go for the ultimate: FSD Piper Cheyenne? Very powerful, about twice as fast as the Seneca, but still great fun to fly! You can do long flights, at great height (pressurized cabin), or go low and slow and enjoy the view. If you own Reality XP avionics, the load manager can install them for you into the panel as well, which btw. is beautiful as is (w/o the RXP extra's) too. Very chunky blue look.A great looking aircraft with one of the most atmospheric panels and VC's around. Ideal for a 'round the world trip.Also, they've got a Navajo Panther coming up which is shaping up very nicely too! Take a look in the preview forum on their website.Best,Martijn