Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Mike Stone's add-on aircraft

Guest jinks

I wonder what you all think of Mike Stone's addon planes. To me they look line airline desktop models, without any weathering or any real-life color hues, and totally lifeless, with fictitious minimal schemes or liveries. The models are passable in dimensions, but barely so... For me, there are hundreds of better plane makers and painters but he seems to get the publicity of a god. What is so good about them? Even I, a beginner, can paint better textures than his, and have done so for my game. His attitude towards criticism and tone is also another matter.Your comments are welcome. And do not be afraid to say what you think.Cheers:-)

>>Your comments are welcome. And do not be afraid to say what>you think.>I say that if you don't have anything good or constructive to say about a FREEWARE plane designer, don't say anything at all. You do not have to use his planes, nor pay anything for them.If you have comments about his planes, direct them to him. If he does not care about your comments, shrug and move on.All this as advice to you. What you

Guest danowat

Hmmm, 3 posts in and your trying to stir up some bad feeling?.So you dont like what mike does?, so what, dont download them, no one is forcing you to.He does what he does for FREE, you do not have to have his stuff, so why come on here and try to whip up some crap?.As for the publicity thing, where is this publicity, I have never seen much.As for critism, show me some of your add-ons and I'll critisive them, we will see how you like it.Not a good start for your third postDan.

As you appear to be pretty new around here you may not know that it was attitudes like yours that drove Mike from this very site and forum. He does not post to Avsim any more, so you're raising your head in the wrong place anyway. Sad, eh?That said, I'm sure we're all looking forward to your "better textures" for "my game", whatever that is. I doubt that it's FS, as you would have learned by now that most people around here are very courteous; particularly when talking about the freeware developers.A very Merry Christmas to you if you're still around by then!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Well, this is a troll if I ever saw one. Mike has contributed much to our hobby and does not deserve the pot shot you so freely take here. I am locking this thread you putting you on notice: post a message like that again in the AVSIM forum and your future access to this forum system will be removed. If you can do better then put your files in the library and let others judge your work as you are so quick to do with Mike's.