Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

Bumps in fs2004?

Guest alvin747

Hi folks,I noticed that I have quite a lot of bumps on the taxiways and runways in FS2004. Anyone have a fix for this? Sometimes I change toggle between the different views my plane will 'dance' for no reason' and the nose gear will most likely crash because of the thumping on the tarmac. Sometimes it also thumps even if I'm not moving.Any idea, thanks!alvin

Guest _patrol_

alvinIf you feel bumps when your plane isn't moving either it's an earthquake or you've parked on a large animal.David

Guest alvin747

Well I know what you mean but's true that experience these bumps and very often the Posky A330 I use will crash initally because of the rough surface I believe. Happens to me at every airport? FS 98 till now I've not experience this. Thanks!

Guest _patrol_

alvinSeriously, I've never experienced or heard of this problem before. If no one here can help, you could try reinstalling FS9. Did you have this problem when you first ran FS9? If not did it start after installing some addon, or making a change in FS9.cfg? If so remove the addon or undo the change and see what happens. If your message gets burried again reply to it with the word "BUMP" and it will return to page one. Good luck.David

Guest TerryT

I just had it do it to me in a default 737 the other day and I think I was at ORD. I was cycling through the various views (S key)and the aircraft was sitting on the end of the runway. There must be spots where several terrain blocks come together that are not quite at the same altiude/height. The nose gear buckled under and I had to start the entire flight over from the gate.Terry

Guest simnut

Go into fsuipc settings, and set winds while on ground to max of 9 knots. This will solve the problem as some a/c will not take a tailwing greater than that while taxiing. Think back, most of this "bouncing" or "thumping" by the nose gear will happen taxiing to the runway (typically in a downwind fashion, so with a tailwind) or with some degree of tailwind. Was a most frustrating thing for me in 2002, but this may help in 2004. Give 'er a try gents!Harry

Guest alvin747

Thanks guys for all the replies. David, thanks, I would try solutions provided by other people before I reinstall I guess... hate to reinstall (I guess you'd agree) as I'd have to set everything up again.Hi Harry, I have the latest FSUIPC but it's not registered so I can't actually change the settings. But one thing that is, it does not always happen only during taxi (when I'm moving). Even being stationary I'd experince the non stop jumping of the nose especially when I toggle between the views. You can see the wing shaking and vibrating up and down even when I'm not moving. And the next thing I know, the nose gear would collapse. Does not happen only on runways, goes the same for taxiways.Thanks!

Guest Philip Olson

I have had this problem since day one at various locations. I see it happen at KCOS freguently since that is my "home base", if I let it start the sim on the active runway 35R most times when I go to spot view the plane will "jump" every once in awhile. Mind you this is at a dead stop with the parking breaks engaged with very little if any wind. What I have noticed is that if you stay with spot view for a little while and let the camera cease all motion it seems that the ground textures near the runway will "crawl" slightly usually in a north to south direction, if I remember correctly. I have not tried sitting there with engines off but I am at idle with the parking brakes engaged. I remember that I could never start a flight with the Posky A330 at KCOS since the gear would collapse as soon as the sim would start but most planes will only bump up and down every once in awhile, both default and add ons. Maybe I'll spend some time today and look further into this, it has not been a major problem but it sure is a minor irritation. If I find anything concrete I'll post it here.Thanks, Philip

Guest Boogie

This sounds similar to a problem I reported a while back with amphibious aircraft shaking while on water. Solved it by altering my FPS lock - at the time it was locked at 17, now I have it unlimited.Don't know if this will help in your case.Boogie.

Guest CargoMun

I get this problem all the time when I have been in "tower view" and the tower is quite far from the airport or parking itself. When going back to spot view or cockpit view the surrounding mesh will reload itself.I think its probably a problem mostly when the HDD is very busy such as at busy airports so the cache will kinda overload.Only solution to it I would guess is to get faster PC lolThe FPS lowering solution might help too.I dont think this is the same problem as the bumpy runways by the way.

Guest LLgaz

This has also happened to me on numerous occasions. Its not confined to a particular airplane or airport or position at the airport.Thankfully, it has never been serious enough to actually crash the airplane for me. Also, its not very frequent. But when it does happen, its usually when cycling views to the spot plane view, and panning to certain positions. I have never experienced it when taxiing. Only when stopped at a particular position.It lasts for about 3-5 seconds, then stops and usually, that's the end of it.I just figured its another minor bug and move on.Pity its causing you guys to crash, but that has never happened to me (knock on wood). The bumping is a bit comical though.

Guest HeavyFan

I can also say, I have this Jumping problem when on th End of a runway when just starting FS! Just go into sopt view with ant Add-on Plane or Default, and the plane all of a sudden starts to do the BUNNY HOP!! Very wierd, I think It's a Major FS BUG! Which gets quite annoying after a while, no matter the planes engines running or not!! I don't get this problem everywhere, but i get it at the default Startup airport of KSEA! And yeah the POSKY A-330's have crahed the front gears cause if this problem, then i would half to restart the sim again, as FS resets! Think MS has a big goof In FS, WHich we all know, they will never fix!!! Anyone great ingenuis guy can find a fix for this and bumpy taxi-ways! Which are all over FS! I see Ai Planes at PANC Taxi-ing and smoke coming from the gears as the AI Planes bounce up and down on the taxi-ways' which is supposed to be solid but is not!!:(:( Wish that guy that made these Bumpy fixes for FS2002 would come back and do the same for FS2004! Think it was Page or something like that his name was? MIKE

Guest Anthony_D

I get it at Blackpool Airport. I believe it's because the runway surface is called "Macadam". I have no idea what macadam is but it the resulting runway looks like an ordinary tarmac/asphalt runway. If you change the runway surface in AFCAD to tarmac/concrete/asphalt will your problem go away?Anthony

I have to say I've seen this, but only with the Posky A330 at Seattle Tacoma.The aircraft is stationary at the active runway and starts to do a passable impression of a terrier dog jumping after a bouncing ball until the nosewheel gives way.I accept that flipping thru views may may relevant.I've never seen another aircraft do that at any other airport.

ngxu_banner.png