Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

Bumps in fs2004?

I have had this too.I think it is function of the way FS steps up the scenery detail over time. When first loaded, sometimes the mesh is not at the full detail level and textures are sometimes blurry. Then, as FS gets more processor time it improves the resolution of the mesh, causing the a/c to jump. It seems for me to happen more in mountainous areas, which would tie in with my theory..Its not confined to any particular aircraft for me, but always seems worse when changing to an external view. It can be annoying, especially when the nose pops up in the air, slams down and resets the sim after a long startup procedure :-mad Sadly, I have no fix for it. When I next have the problem I will check and see if I am in an addon mesh area and if so, remove it and try again.CheersLungs

Guest alvin747

Sorry for the late reply guys. I have the problem almost everywhere in the world. I really have no idea to how to go about it. The thumping is irritating but you won't crash if your aircraft's landing gear is 'stiff' enough. The Posky A330's nose gear is rather weak and that's why it results in a crash.My friend said I could try using FSUIPC but use the one back in FS2002 where you do not have to register adn try? I'm going to give it a try now. Cheers!

Hi thereI too had the bumps occur after landing at JFK - an area which is pretty flat and also one where I have a completely standard install. I was however, in spot view when I got the bumps. Luckily the FFx 734 survived the ordeal and didn`t crash.That kills my theory (!) and I have no idea what the trigger is for this problem now.Ah wellIts a feature!CheersLungs

I get the bumps too when I am switching views (cockpit, tower, spot, and virtual cockpit)

I also had this problem from the beginning.While you are in spot view and the plane is at the gate immobilised, you see it slightly moving and jumping.When then, with CTRL_W you look at the other AI-planes , your original plane can even take-off in the air, or sometimes I found it afterwards on the top of a terminal building.It happens also with the default planes, the big ones(777) and also the small ones(cessna). Curiously I had it never with the default 737.In the beginning I found it funny, but not anymore now.I think MS should give us a patch for this|Guy

Guest allcott

MS will patch it if affects all simmers. As it doesn't it must be a problem with your computer, your FS installation, your hardware or operator error. If cycling through tower view causes the problem, change the tower view. I have no idea where MS gets the tower view default height and position from - maybe they're all 220feet tall and aren't allowed closer than 3/4 mile from airports? Or don't cycle through spot to tower views on the ground on those aircraft affected.Allcott

For what is worth, I experience the same. KTPA is my home airport and I experience it consistently on taxiway just before turning to enter runway 36L. I also have the unregistered version of FSUIPC. But this happens with our without winds. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I get the problem too.. so I think it isnt just a user related problem. I have a very high end PC, a mid range and a laptop and it does it with all those. I think something odd is going on but whether MIcrosoft will look into it is another thing.Some aircraft do get affected more than others. It could be just a small air file related issue as I find that the FS2004 aircraft dont do it at all. It seems to me to be only aircraft which have been out since fs2002 and still havent had fs2004 airfiles written for it. Maybe thats all it is..just an airfile issue..Who knows..but it is annoying at times.

Guest alvin747

I'm pretty sure it affects all of us. Might not be the airfile issue since all default FS aircraft are also affected. It's annoying but for now I just hope that the plane won't crash!

Guest allcott

It doesn't affect me! Could be your settings - are you adjusting fuel and pax loads beyond MTW?The only time I've seen this in aftermarket aircraft is when the damping setting in the aircaft.cfg is incorrectly set and allows the aircraft to `spring` back on its wheels after loading - the loading procedure loads the aircraft to the sim with wheels extended, and then adjusts to the selecetd loadout by sinking. This sets up a bounce effect that can escalate.Allcott

Guest Salbado

So, I am not crazy...spoke to Warren at Opensky about the A330 collapsing nose gear on start up and he thinks it's the scenery...Know I know some of you have had this experieince the {POSKY A330...any solutions?

Guest calnaction

Hey everyone,I seem to have the same problem. It happens especially with the POSKY A330 and the PSS A340 when ever I switch from any view to spot view. I don't know why visuals would cause the physics to screw up, but it always makes my plane bounce. I thought it was just because my hardware isn't top of the line and it probably is if other people aren't getting it too. I don't think it has anything to do with the surface but rather the visual complexity of the plane you're in.-Cal