Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

iFly 737 flight planning

Does anybody know what I can use to directly import flight plans into the Ifly fmc. I do not know how to convert into the format.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

I think you would need a soft like Flightsim Commander, Aivlasoft EFB or FSBuild to export flight plans in the iFly format.The format hasn't changed since their 747, just the output folder did, so some programs may export to the "747" folder, while the iFly 737 needs those plans in \iFly\737NG\navdata\FLTPLAN.

I use FS Build or VRoute for the iFly 737.

NAX669.png

Spencer,If you decide to purchase a flight planning package that includes various flight plan formats for several different developers take a close look at the latest version of Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag. A very recent update adds a most useful feature that will save flight plans for most of the popular add-ons with one click - and it is about as automated and customizable as possible.Specifically, for the IFly 737, you can specific the 'Company Route' structure that appeals to you and it will automatically save your flight plan using the iFly structure but your naming method. It will also save the flight plan in the Microsoft Flight Planning *.PLN with the same click along with several other formats. For instance, I am using the ICAO designators and ## to save my IFly routes - so a recent flight plan from Gulfport,MS to Binghamton NY would be saved as KGPTKBGM01.FLTPLAN . When I type that into the Company Route block in the FMC I instantly have my route, SID, STAR, altitude. runways, approach, frequencies, etc. Everything that I need for the FMC and more.It also saves flight plans for several other developer models including a couple for PMDG and their own generic *.efbr. Slick, slick. One that I really like is the KML for viewing flight paths using Google Eartth. Of course, this is just the Flight Plan saving part - EFB is the full package for moving maps, charts, building plans, routes, progress, etc. They have a special discount going on for new iFly 737 customers.Here is a screenshot of the new one click save all method..Route.jpgStructure.jpgRay

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Spencer,If you decide to purchase a flight planning package that includes various flight plan formats for several different developers take a close look at the latest version of Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag. A very recent update adds a most useful feature that will save flight plans for most of the popular add-ons with one click - and it is about as automated and customizable as possible.Specifically, for the IFly 737, you can specific the 'Company Route' structure that appeals to you and it will automatically save your flight plan using the iFly structure but your naming method. It will also save the flight plan in the Microsoft Flight Planning *.PLN with the same click along with several other formats. For instance, I am using the ICAO designators and ## to save my IFly routes - so a recent flight plan from Gulfport,MS to Binghamton NY would be saved as KGPTKBGM01.FLTPLAN . When I type that into the Company Route block in the FMC I instantly have my route, SID, STAR, altitude. runways, approach, frequencies, etc. Everything that I need for the FMC and more.It also saves flight plans for several other developer models including a couple for PMDG and their own generic *.efbr. Slick, slick. One that I really like is the KML for viewing flight paths using Google Eartth. Of course, this is just the Flight Plan saving part - EFB is the full package for moving maps, charts, building plans, routes, progress, etc. They have a special discount going on for new iFly 737 customers.Here is a screenshot of the new one click save all method..Route.jpgStructure.jpgRay
Hi Ray.When I first read your post,I was a bit puzzled as I am currently evaluating EFB before I dip my hand in my wallter,and all I had so far managed to do was export a flightplan created therein to the default FSX.pln format,plus its own format. I could not see any other options.Then I read your bit about the SP,so immediately downloaded that and updated my EFB.Voila! I can now export directly to the iFly737 navdata.No more copy/paste from the iFly747 navdata folder to the iFly737.Thanks for this HU.

Hi Ray.When I first read your post,I was a bit puzzled as I am currently evaluating EFB before I dip my hand in my wallter,and all I had so far managed to do was export a flightplan created therein to the default FSX.pln format,plus its own format. I could not see any other options.Then I read your bit about the SP,so immediately downloaded that and updated my EFB.Voila! I can now export directly to the iFly737 navdata.No more copy/paste from the iFly747 navdata folder to the iFly737.Thanks for this HU.
Sometimes you never know when you are missing a great update. I do the same thing most times. These guys are really catering to the users with constant improvements.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

can i directly load my generated FP into the fmc without having to program the whole thing?

can i directly load my generated FP into the fmc without having to program the whole thing?

Company route is the line in the FMC where you do it.

Zicheng Cai

Does anybody know what I can use to directly import flight plans into the Ifly fmc. I do not know how to convert into the format.

Simbrief.com  is free and will generate iFly flight plans as well as several others.

Ernest Pergrem