Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Fokker nose fix files problem?

Guest GrantM

The text file states that there are to be three ".air" files. What I got was three "air.cfg" files for the 620, 650 and 70. Mine are just the aircraft.cfg files, not the air files. Did I miss something here?GrantM

One starts to wonder whether this is even official, although it the README states it is. As you say, they are AIRCRAFT.CFG files, not airfiles. That might have been only a misstatement, excepting that the recommendation to overwrite the AUTOPILOT section therefore does not follow, particularly as the recommended overwrite is slightly different again to the 'new airfiles' content.What to do? There's no sign of this update on their site ... has anyone the answer, or shall one of us actually write to them and ask, LOL? Or has this been answered somewhere here?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I've just sent them an email... I believe they zipped up the wrong files..

Bert

Just got an email from Project Fokker.. they uploaded the wrong file by mistake.. and the replacement they sent me crashes my FS9 program..Stay tuned for more.. I've gone back to the original air-file.Suggest you back up your air-files before testing..

Bert

An upgrade to the flight dynamics appeared on Avsim to fix the "nose heavy" problem in FS9.The original post in Avsim was incorrect, in that the amended .air files had a double .cfg.air extension and the supposed .air files opened as a txt file with the usual contents of a .cfg file. I was given a "corrected" version by email which appears to have a valid .air file (in as far as I can't open it, as I lack a relevent editor)However, the Fokker aircraft now crash FS9 to the desktop.Has anyone got the original .air and .cfg files for these wonderful aircraft?Because the base files are on FS2002 auto-intstallers, which are a real pain in the #### to get over into FS9.There is some vague posting on the Fokker website.

ngxu_banner.png

I just got a new version from Project Fokker which appears to work fine.It should be uploaded shortly to the Avsim library.BTW.. if you want to get the old files back, here is a trick:Create a new folder, say "FS2002", and "auto-install" the Fokker files to it.That gives you all the files you need, neatly in one place.

Bert