Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

Re: IMO Markers - Have I lost a file or something

Guest XX335

I need a little help here please.For some strange reason I appear to lost all IMO Markers at a/p's with active ILS's.I can't see them on maps nor on FS Nav when I select the option to show them, none of the IMO indicator lights operate and no sounds when audio selected.I wonder if I might have inadvertantly deleted something important or missed something embarrasingly simple?

For FS2002, the marker files are located in your fs2002scenedb subfiles based on hemisphere and area location. There are quite a lot of files. Also, the markers for Map View/GPS may be in the fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder in the various *.bgl files. If you have corrupted AFCAD or other scenery files, it could cause a loss of data in Map View/GPS. Try using AFCAD140.zip by Lee Swordy to scan for corrupted files in FS2002.For FS2004, the marker and other NAVAIDS are scattered in the many scenery files in the flight simulator 9scenery folder. At the moment there is not a way to view or scan for corrupted files. W. Sieffert

Guest XX335

>For FS2002, the marker files are located in your>fs2002scenedb subfiles based on hemisphere and area>location. There are quite a lot of files. Also, the markers>for Map View/GPS may be in the fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery>folder in the various *.bgl files. If you have corrupted>AFCAD or other scenery files, it could cause a loss of data in>Map View/GPS. Try using AFCAD140.zip by Lee Swordy to scan>for corrupted files in FS2002.>>For FS2004, the marker and other NAVAIDS are scattered in the>many scenery files in the flight simulator 9scenery folder. >At the moment there is not a way to view or scan for corrupted>files.> >W. Sieffert

Guest XX335

Many thanks for the help. I think I'll try to live with it as re-installing all the components will be a big headache. But thanks anyway.

Guest _patrol_

Could you install a second copy of FS9 to a different directory. Then you could easily copy entire directories (such as FS9scenery) over to your working FS9. This could screw up some of your addons and you would have to reinstall them, depending on what files you over write or delete.David