Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

L 1011 Panel Help Needed...

Guest Bob I

Hi,A very nice stand alone panel for the Lockheed L1011 was uploaded to this site the other day. My problem is that neither number 1 nor number 2 VOR radios will tune. The RADIO section of the Aircraft Config file is the same as any default aircraft, but they will not tune. Any ideas??? Thanks.Bob I.... in sunny Florida

<<>>The same as any default aircraft with STANDBY radios, yes; but this panel has no standbys.Change your radio section to this in whichever aircraft's AIRCRAFT.CFG you are using with this panel (I'm using Mike Stone's Tristar personally):Audio.1=1Com.1=1, 0Com.2=1, 0Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 0, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1All will now be well.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. I've actually added a pop up radio stack to mine WITH standbys, as the one incorporated in the main panel is too hard to read and play with when on complicated approaches. You can use one from the Baron or whatever just by copying over the section and adding a new window to the panel. Are you familiar with doing that kind of thing, Bob?http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Jack

Hi Mark,I don't know about Bob, but I've never added a window to a panel. Might you be so kind as to refer me to instructions for doing so?Your help in these forums and on your great web-site are much appreciated by we who lurk!Best RegardsJackD

Dear LurkerFirstly, you are too kind. I try, but some find me trying, LOL.Secondly, ha! There are many good tutorials kicking around, I'm sure, on how to configure panels although being a raving idiot I have yet to read one. Here's how to do what we're talking about in this thread, anyway, and you can work it out from there for the moment!1. Back up the PANEL.CFG for the L-1011 panel you've just downloaded and put it somewhere safe like in that teapot on top of the dresser where you'll never find it again when you try to remember where you put it in six months.2. I supply the text below for you, but what I then do is open the PANEL.CFG and add "Window 04=Radio Stack" to the list of "Window Titles" at the top ... above the "Fixed Windows".3. Then off I popped to the Baron default PANEL.CFG file and ripped out the radios. Don't tell Microsoft, although it might be fair to mention it to whoever takes the Baron up next in case they don't do their checklist properly and start to wonder what the draught is through the hole in the panel when they get to 5,000 feet in heavy cloud.4. I then pasted it into the Tristar's PANEL.CFG further down the page under the section entitled "Window03" (duhhhhh ... as it's "Window04", that makes some sense even to me).5. I then saved the file and had a look in FS. Ah, too small. OK, I went back to the PANEL.CFG and altered the "window_size" line within the "Window04" entry. Ah, that's better. Saved the file.Here is what I stuck in there, to make it easy for you (given that you're happy with the Bendix stack). Don't include my annotation:(Window04) .....(must be in SQUARE brackets)Background_color=2,2,2 size_mm=156,308window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 0.272, 0.511window_pos= 0.728, 0.489gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0,0,156,31gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0,29,156,59gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0,86,156,59gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,142,156,41gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0,180,156,41gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0,217,156,49gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0,262,156,47And this is what it looks like:http://www.paxship.com/triradios.jpgOK? It will come up when you SHIFT/5. We could add an icon for it but I have not done this in this post simply because Tom Allensworth will accuse me of running off the page, LOL.The only problem we have now is that, having imported a radio stack with standby radios, the original poster's issue raises itself again. So you can either leave things be, if you always intend to tune radios using this stack, or make my RADIOS section mod in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file, in which case you'll be able to tune either the originals OR the new ones but without standby capability.Hope this helps ...Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: One thing I might add, if you're adding windows for the first time: you can change the size of a window by using the "window_size" line, but governing its position is the line "position=" (duhhhhh again). 0 is top left, 1 top middle, 2 top right, 3 middle left, 4 middle middle (sounds like a place name in the Cotswolds), 5 middle right, 6 left bottom, 7 middle bottom (that's DEFINITELY a place name in the Cotswolds) and 8 bottom right... which is the one I have used, as you can see, and is how the Baron stack is configured by default.EDIT EDIT: Golly I hate some of the clouds in FS9 .. on my card, anyway. It's like driving through the powder puff department in Harrods or something.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Jack

Hi Mark,Thanks much for the quick tutoring job! I'm probably in big trouble, since I think it's crystal clear. LOLPlease let me know the next time your going to drive through Harrods. That will be worth a ticket to London!Regards,The Mad Lurker

I lied about driving through Harrods, I confess; I find the left turn onto base by the Food Hall is too tight and I usually end up with Foie Gras all over my starboard navigation light, not to mention a Camembert or two in the gear wells.No, if I fly in London itself at all it's usually down the Thames under all the bridges in a BAe Hawk. If you've never tried it, give it a whirl. Hold your speed to about 250 knots or you'll scare the Queen, and some of the bends are a bit tight anyway. It's a good feeling if you get as far as Tower Bridge from Hammersmith without piling into the putty, though.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg