Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Flashing white squares when changing views?

When changing views in the 2D cockpit from front to left, right, etc., I get flashing white squares for a second while the scenery redraws. Anyone know of a solution to this?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest ront1

Faster cpu and gpu??? Give me a break. That was a helpful answer. Look at his sig!!Ron

Well, I thought had one with a P4 3.0Gb and an ATI 9800 Pro.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest ront1

"do YOU know a better one?" All I can say is that I wish I had his pc. I don't really think this is his problem. I am a pretty quite voice in these forums, but I don't see anything worth while in your post. IMHO. Sorry. Howard, I wish I could help you, but I have no idea. I see you also posted this at Rage3D. Hope someone here or there can help you.Ron

Guest Tommy_TJ

I can't offer a good solution to this problem, only more info about it. On my machine, I see these white squares only if I have the water detail slider set to HIGH. I just assumed that it took a bit longer for the bump mapping (or whatever method is being used) to update then the basic water textures. Here are my specs....AMD 2500+ASUS A7N8X512MB PC3200 DDRATI Radeon 9600 128MBWinXP Pro

nothing worthwhile but still true, yep that can be annoyingI got stutters when I have a lot of clouds, but still around 30 fps. Who can help me? Old problems with no solutions accept having a huge rig.. Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest abent

I made this change in my FS9.cfg and it made a difference. It was something like 40 before. I don't like making recommendations to make changes in cfg's and such but you may want to try this.Under the {DISPLAY} section:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 (try different settings 100, 200...) to see if you get an improvement.Can't remember who told me this but it reduced the problem on my system substantially.Adam

<<>>Now don't be such a rotter, Ron. Let's be nice around here. Anyway, he's right. Rob is a highly experienced simmer and probably even LOOKS like a computer by now.There are config tweaks you can try, but no doubt you've read all those FAQs and tried those. In the meantime, those white blocks are texture squares, for sure, whether they're clouds or land for you, and definitely not flying advertisements for Persil Washing Powder.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest ront1

I know what I said was negative. I said sorry, right after I said it. But really, how much better system specs can you have? I know a bit, but not much. I just don't think this is where his problem is. Ron

Well sometimes my wife tells me my computer and I are grown together ;)But after thinking about the worthwhileness of my comments and how to get the best out of your rig (how big it may be) I recalled that new service "Flight Simulator Graphics Solutions". I know Michael Greenblatt is a very knowledgable guy with respect to rigs, FS and graphics, so you might wanna give it a look. It's services ranges from free advice in the forums to payware tailormade advice. Let's hope that's worthwhile! :-walksmileedit: let's add the url for the sake of convenience: http://www.fs-gs.com/ Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi Howard,I have the same problem with my FX5900 Ultra on a high end computer.It seems like a memory issue.I've been trying all the tweaks I found on various forums but still didn't find a good answer.David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

You may find any relevant information here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchbest regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Howard,I have the 'TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400' entry in fs9.cfg along with an AGP aperture of 256MB set in the system BIOS and the only time I am aware of these white texture squares is while panning quickly around in spot view. After a couple of rapid 360 degrees the squares go away and all is well for a while. Then, after a minute or two of undisturbed flight, I try panning quickly around again and the squares are back.They only appear at the screen's trailing edge (if I remember correctly) as I pan around and, as I said, only for a couple of 360 revolutions. So, I deduce it's a texture loading issue, i.e. the transfer of data is not quite quick enough to keep up with my panning speed. Like many, I increased my pan rate by changing the entry under (CONTROLS) in fs9.cfg, viz. 'PAN_RATE=900' which suits me fine so I just put up with this minor side-effect.MikeP4 2.4GHz (400FSB), 1Gig PC2100 DDR Crucial, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Omega 2.4.96c), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" Monitor (1280x1024x32), Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo, Ultra-Quiet PSU 400W, WinXP Home (SP1), DirectX 9.0b