Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

FS2002 default B737

Hi guys!I just want to have the conformation, that the B737 default modell is very poor programmed and that I am not making any mistake:- when I intercept an ILS with the Autopilot (LOC or APP) the airplane takes too little bank and overshoots the localizer - only after a few seconds it stabilizes on the localizer- at glide-slope-intercept it starts with a VSI of 2000 ft/min - going under the glideslope- with autothrust engaged the throttles often alternately turn to more power and then back to idle - always going up and downIs that normal with the FS2002 default-models? And if yes: why is MS not able to put more realism into their programm? I mean they have a lot of experience right now?!?!Thanx in advance...

Guest rmce

In a way it is bad magic in default 737. If you are going to carry on using 2002, I suggest Dreamfleets magnificent 737.However, in all A/P approaches a good 20 miles out for turn to final is needed to allow a/p to get its act together.

These have the big advantage of being free!e.g ffx7378airberlin.zip for the Boeing 737-800there are related aircraft at http://sgair.net/erick/B737/737download.htmI have the Precision Panels New Generation panel to go with the 738, but you have to pay for that but only $10, b737ks.zip applies. It's quite a clever panel - e.g. the flight plan and GPS data can be shown on the nav display on the panel itself - but it is 2D only and is quite frame rate hungry.The publishers of the panel have issued some free aircraft configured for the panel (b738wks.zip) - without prejudice, these look a lot like the FFX planes.I also have fx738snd.zip, which is a free B737-800 sound file for FS2002.The FFX 738 aircraft and sounds are basically state-of-the-art FS2002 stuff published just before FS9 came out, but subject to a good panel and my limited flying abilities it seems OK in FS9.Any body else have any thoughts? I must say I haven't compared it's flight characteristics with the default aircraft - I just assume they are inferior, perhaps wrongly.I'd suggest you try the FFX aircraft first before you buy the NG panel and see what you think.For the old generation aircraft from sgair.net, you could presumably alias the default B734 panel and sounds anyway.

ngxu_banner.png