Sign in to follow this  
vincentrouleau

Tip: Full screen in windowed moded

Can you eloborate on the 2nd item. How and where do you disable Aero? Using win7 ? Which classic theme, where? thanks.Ray
Right click on the desktop, select "Personalize" and scroll down to "Basic and High Contrast Themes." Any of those will disable Aero, although you probably won't want one of the high contrast themes.On my system, Aero is automatically disabled when I start FSX and enabled again when I quit. Is this not common behavior?

the BEST of all:http://www.autohotkey.com/and the script from here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=158165&CatID=fsxutilWin Key + F11 enable/disable

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

That's brilliant, thanks for posting (and thanks to Maarten Boelens for the script). AutoHotKey is awesome, and free!
I had worked on an improved AutoIt version that did the same thing, but AutoHotKey is better as it provides the hotkey to toggle it. Ill use AutoHotKey instead. Thanks for the link.#include <WindowsConstants.au3>Dim $fsxWindowName = "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"WinWait($fsxWindowName)macro_fullscreen()Func macro_fullscreen(); Make the active window fullscreen. Const $GWL_STYLE = -16 Const $GWL_EXSTYLE = -20 Const $SWP_NOMOVE = 0x0002 Const $SWP_NOSIZE = 0x0001 Const $SWP_NOZORDER = 0x0004 Const $SWP_FRAMECHANGED = 0x0020 $hwnd = WinGetHandle($fsxWindowName, "") if ($hwnd<>0) Then ; Toggle windows styles Local $winlong = DllCall("user32.dll","long","GetWindowLong","hwnd",$hwnd,"int",$GWL_STYLE) $result = DllCall("user32.dll","long","SetWindowLong","hwnd",$hwnd,"int",$GWL_STYLE,"long",BitXOR($winlong[0],$WS_CAPTION, $WS_BORDER,$WS_THICKFRAME)) ; Toggle extended styles $winlong = DllCall("user32.dll","long","GetWindowLong","hwnd",$hwnd,"int",$GWL_EXSTYLE) $result = DllCall("user32.dll","long","SetWindowLong","hwnd",$hwnd,"int",$GWL_EXSTYLE,"long",BitXOR($winlong[0],0)) ; Maximize and refresh display DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowPos", "hwnd", $hwnd, "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", @DesktopWidth, "int", @DesktopHeight, "long", BitOR($SWP_NOZORDER, $SWP_FRAMECHANGED)) else msgbox(0,"Error","Failed to get active window handle") endifEndFunc

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Guest jahman
the BEST of all:http://www.autohotkey.com/and the script from here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=158165&CatID=fsxutilWin Key + F11 enable/disable
This is brilliant!I suppose now we can put together a group effort to write micro-macrosto install FSX and all our add-ons with one command: "RebuildFSX"!MicroMacors for each add-on would have a record feature to record activation keysthat need to be input for each add-on to a text file, to be replayed whenrebuilding the FSX installation. All add-on MniMacros would sit in onedirectory and would be run by one master macro.Sweet!Note: Before the usual suspects start yelling, no keys wouldbe shared, each simmer to enter his own keys, but the install MiniMacrosthemselves could all be shared of course and stuffed into a single macro.Imagine now when your FSX Install gets screwey, you can run one commandand the next day your FSX is rebuilt from scratch. Starts with de-installing FSXand all add-ons, run CCleaner, reinstall everything and finish with a disk defrag,all automated. Heck, this is almost as exciting as MS Flight!Come to think of it, why don't add-on developpers develop these macros for us simmers?Just asking...Cheers,- jahman.

the BEST of all:http://www.autohotkey.com/and the script from here:http://library.avsim...5&CatID=fsxutilWin Key + F11 enable/disable
This is a VERY handy utility and script, thanks for posting this!Does anyone know if there's a way to include enabling/disabling Auto-hide Taskbar with Autohotkey to add to this script? Just would be nice to have it do that as well with the Win+F11 keypress instead of having to change it manually by right clicking on the task bar.Thanks!M

..and using this here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Scripts.htm#ahk2exe you can compile the script to an .exe file....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Folks, google FS-Simtimizer - that will let you run FSX in a borderless (!) window that looks like full screen. Extremely handy if you want to use a second monitor for whatever. And framerates stay stellar :-)

Guest jahman
..and using this here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Scripts.htm#ahk2exe you can compile the script to an .exe file...
Cool! But I'm confused: The page says:
A script compiler (courtesy of Jonathan Bennett's AutoIt v3 source code) is included with the program. AutoIt v2 scripts are not supported, so if necessary, first auto-convert your .aut file to .ahk
So are AutoIt and AutoHotKey scripts interchangeable? Why does AutoHotKey documentation reference AutoIt scripts?Cheers,- jahman.

@jahman - from the AutoHotkey features list:Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.And I just set up the AutoHotkey script - wow. So happy. I mean, I got used to ignoring the title bar but waaay in the back of my head I knew it was still there ;)Now if only there was a way to keep sound from cutting out when window focus is switched... but I know the workings behind that and that there's really no solution right now. Not giving up hope tho...

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

I just use Windows Actual Manager. I eventually paid for it but works very slick and very customizable.

Guest jahman
@jahman - from the AutoHotkey features list:Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.And I just set up the AutoHotkey script - wow. So happy. I mean, I got used to ignoring the title bar but waaay in the back of my head I knew it was still there ;)Now if only there was a way to keep sound from cutting out when window focus is switched... but I know the workings behind that and that there's really no solution right now. Not giving up hope tho...
Thanks for the clarification! I was unaware AutHotKey was an extension of AutoIt.Cool stuff, look forward to eliminating that egregious window title bar.Cheers,- jahman.