Sign in to follow this  
Guest Digital_Flight

Animal and Bird Sounds for Bush Pilots

Guest jinks

If you want to listen to bird and animal sounds while flying in bush country in the Northwest, you can install S.Combo by David March and make a folder in the ATC folder of that program, named accordingly, where you can store animal and bird sounds given as freeware with some of ther Alaska scenery addons at avsim. You then activate S Combo and the effect is amazing--thrushes, loons, coyotes, wolves, a moose, crow, many types of birds, stream, brook also, insects--you name it---some of the scenery addons have it. Look for:FS2002 Scenery - Alaskan Wilderness Camps.by Tom Ficato start with. S Combo will work in FS2002 with an older v. of FSUPIC, v. 2.85 or something. I do not know about newer versions.Cheers

FS2002: esound by Pete Dowson freeware www.schiratti.comFS2002: FSSoundscape Lago: payware by www.lagoonline.comFS2004: FSSceneryEnhancer payware by www.lagoonline.com (still in beta)Fs2004:Sounds For FS Scenery freeware by Jos

RobdeVries.jpg

If I had that lot in my aircraft I'd get somebody in to give it a good cleaning out.Hey, good tip, though. I tried BSATC with FS9 when I first loaded it up and that gave me a problem; but I'd forgotten about trying S-Combo in FS9. Dave'd gone payware, now, of course, so maybe it won't work. But I'm off to try, just to check. Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Digital_Flight

Just one question: If you're tooling around in your fav. bush flying aircraft, just how many animal sounds do you think you'll be able to hear?TonyDigital-Flight

Guest schofi

Tony - I think the aim is to emulate Lago's "FsSounds" programme for FS2002 -the animal and other ambient sounds play only when the aircraft are on the ground, then stop when it's in the air. (FsSound used to fade them out).Then one could "Chill out" while resting after a flight, or enjoy the sound of the Alaskan wilderness before starting the engines - that sort of thing.(FsSound even had honky-tonk music at "Dexters Bar & Grill", south of Emma Field).Myself, I use "Enviro!" - originaly meant for random ATC messages and communications, but any sounds can be used, ie. sounds of the Bush.Not really relevant to Flight Simulation, but fun anyway.Brian

Guest Digital_Flight

I was thinking more about some of the GeoRender series where you would hear things like an owl hooting while cruising low over the treetops with the engine running, not very realistic.TonyDigital-Flight

Guest schofi

True - they must have been d**m big owls!However, Lago is evidently about to release a successor of FsSound for FS2K4 - maybe that'll be better.Brian