Sign in to follow this  
fbobum

NVIDIA 53.03 - at NVIDIA Site

Guest N247BK

I may be the only one who waits until the newest drivers (of all types) are availble through the device manufacturer's sites, but the 53.03's are at NVIDIA.COM.

Hi Bob,I for one can say that I am not looking forward to the next release of the Catalyst/Omega drivers for the ATI cards. When you have achieved a nicely performing stable system the reluctance to 'update for updating sake' can be very powerful but most of us do, in the end ;) It's an incurable.... disease. There really ought to be a 'DA' forum (Drivers Anon) for us addicts...LOLMike (...and I'm a driverholic desperately trying to reform)Sounds like you may need help as well!

I'm usually a habitual driver upgrader but the Cat 3.9s have given me nothing but pleasure with any game that I throw at them, especially FS2004. I'm planning on staying with the 3.9s until such time as a new driver release gets a majority thumbs up in this forum for a notable improvement in FS2004. That's the plan anyway, but y'all know what will really happen ;-).Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest SlimDady

this is my first radeon card the 9800xtIve had nothing wrong yet with the cat 3.9s, but i see alot of people seem to think the 3.7s are tons faster. but is see no reason to go back to that driver set, whats the big deal about like 10fps when ur running at like 200fps on everything you play with AA, and AF on at the cost of compatability with some gamesi run flightsim between like 30-90fps at 1600x1200 with 4xaa and 8xaf its amazing

They Have a noticeable increase in Image Quality and the same performance as the previous release. Well done NVIDIAJos

Can't agree.......for whatever reason these new drivers gave me very noticeable blurries which have not worried me in FS9 before. Have gone back to 52.16.This is with a GF Ti 4200 128mb card.

Same here, Frank. Are you pleased with the 52.16's more so than others? I hung on to the 44.03's and the 45.(something?!)'s before switching to anything in the 50's.Rick

In this same thread I see good (yours) and not so good reports about the new nVidia 53.03 drivers.As it might depend on the graphics board you have, will you please let me know which board you have?I have an ASUS GeForce 4 Ti4800SE. I would not like to change my current driver unless I am pretty sure of getting an improvement.Thanks in advance.

Sorry for not refering the card type I Have earlyer, my mistake.:+ It's a Geforce4 ti4200 128Mb DDR @(275/500 Mhz) runing on windows XP( all SP's) in a AthlonXP 1700+@(1667Mhz) 1Gb DDR 333 ASUS A7V266-E (Raid0)I've tested these drivers in various situations and worked flawlessly, improvements mostly in Image quality but in some other games (ureal Tournament2003) a SLIGHT increase in performance.Whatever you decide to do ALLWAYS remove previous versions of the drivers before installing new ones...RegardsJos

Guest rbbarker

I removed my old driver in safe mode, used one of the apps from guru3d to remove any remaining nvidia files, rebooted, and installed the 53.03s in safe mode. They install, but I don't have the settings tab under advanced in display properties->settings. My pertinent specs are XP Pro and TI4600. Help?Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

You only need to use SAFE MODE to uninstall the driver, to install or reinstall you should use the normal mode.hope this helps.BTW ther is a small reg file named coolbits that enables some more hiden menus/options in the advanced display properties. give it a try just google it and you will find it..Jos

Guest rbbarker

So maybe installing in safe mode caused a problem. I'll give this idea a try tonight.Boyd Barker, Senior Command CaptainDirector of Special ProjectsKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineswww.flywestwind.com

Guest N247BK

Hello, I guess I started this thread some time back, and did not list my system specs (sorry): - P4-1.8A - Intel D845WN - 1 GB SDRAM - Creative SB Audigy LS - GF5600FX - 256mb - MS Force Feedback - WD60GB, 7200rpmI'm still in the process of assessing the video quality of the 53.03's vs the 52.16's.I don't use frame-rate data as displayed (or calculated), or even the various video test tools to determine what I see or experience.That would be like measuring the acidity levels in a wine to help me determine if I like the taste.I can say that I'm experiencing no losses in my "flight" environment so far.

I have spent a good part of my weekend assessing 53.03 against 52.16 and I could not arrive yet to a decision on which one will stay in my computer.I always made the same flight, trying to follow the same pattern and making the same observations.On the runway I would say 53.03 will have any improvement of possibly 1-2 fps on a level of 24-28.During the flight sometimes it seemed to me that 53.03 would somewhat "stutter" when in 2D cockpit I was looking sidewards; on the other hand it would be faster in composing the image after a large change in the scene. 53.03 seemed to produce a better texture of the sea. In general 52.16 seemed to provide a smoother scenery when looking sidewards, although it would be difficult to say whether the frame rate was higher than that with 53.03.I made all tests with the default 737, no overhead panel, at around noon, at Tacoma. My resolution is 1024x768, 32-bit colour. I would take-off and immediately turn left, until flying parallel to the runway, climbing to 3000 feet.The frame rate was limited to 50, and very often the result would be in the range 40-50, with both drivers. On the approach, flying around 2000-2300', sometimes the frame rate would drop to 19-22 when looking sidewards, in some parts of the scenery, but this would happen with both drivers. It would be difficult to say which one drpped more.So my trials were completely inconclusive.Has someone found a good test to show the advantage of one over the other?Merry Christmas to all fellow simmers!