Sign in to follow this  
Guest anthonyj

Heading Error On Hsi Panels

Guest anthonyj

Hi guys,I am getting a new problem in FS2004 which has me perplexed.In all aircraft with a HSI I am getting a split of approximately ten degrees between the indicated and actual heading. Could it be coincidence that it now indicates my true heading not my magnetic heading?For example, lined up on Sydney's RW16R which has a magnetic bearing of 155 the HSI reads 167, as does the information gained by hitting shift+Z.Hitting 'D' doesn't help (nor should it as HSIs derive information from remotely slaved compass systems).Does anyone have any information that might help me correct this issue?Thanks in advance,AJ.

Guest aonyn

I am having the same issue. I wish I had an answer.

Guest anthonyj

Aonyn, it's a relief to know it's not just me.May I ask if your issue started after installing any third party addons?

Watching this thread closely ... I have the same issue with some aircraft, haven't tested all yet ... but only for a week or so. Must be some weird effect from a third-party add-on, methinks ... but what? I'm a download junkie, so this could be hard to pin down ... rats.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest aonyn

I first noticed it with the Real Air Siai Marchetti SF260. I was way up in Norway and attributed it to magnetic deviation, but I have made my way down to London Heathrow, and still have the same difference between the compass and the HSI. The HSI reading matches the reading from CTRL-Z.regards,Dave

Guest anthonyj

Right, I've managed to fix mine. It was assosiated with an AFCAD2 file for Sydney (YSSY), afcad2_yssy_v3_rs.zip. I simply removed it from the addon scenery file and everything came back to normal!Looking at the file I can't see anything wrong with it, so I'm not sure why.Let me know if you guys have loaded many AFCAD2 files, especially for Sydney.

Hi.It seems like you are not getting a resolution to your problem. I do not see a problem and maybe I can help. I have a fairly clean MSFS and that may give us some indication to what

Guest aonyn

Thanks,I did exactly as you described, and all was well. I switched back to the siai marchetti and the compas was off again. Approximate magnetic reading in the marchetti was 203-205. I tried some other 3rd party aircraft and no problem. I have been flying the marchetti since I purchased it, and other than this, it is outstanding. Is anyone else flying the real air siai marchetti sf260 having the same problem, or do I possibly have a corrupted file?Thanks again for your help.regards,Dave

Guest anthonyj

Aonyn, in order to isolate the problem why don't you deactivate your addon scenery (don't delete it, just go throught settings) and see if the problem clears.Let me know how you go.

Guest aonyn

Just tried and no luck.I was not running much new scenery anyway. Only what came with the bill lyons packages.Fortunately, my problem seems limited to my Siai Marchetti, but that is also unfortunate, as this is currently my favorite plane to fly.Thanks anyway!